• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your all-time favorite Neal Adams Covers?

2,344 posts in this topic

Very nice! I have not seen a high grade copy of this one in a while.

BTW, were you the winner of the Tec #400 CGC 9.6 in the last Clink auction? If yes, congrats!

:whistle:

Much better than his first cover in this run, but still not as nice as his stuff a couple of years later during his prime. At least you can see the start of the Neal Adams' style here. (thumbs u

Yes, the faces on the other guys are starting to show his peak style, but that Batman is weak. Mind you, compared to the crappy cover he drew on #370 (1st Adams Batman art), this is like a quantum leap stylistically. lol

Yes, the faces on the other guys are starting to show his peak style, but that Batman is weak. Mind you, compared to the crappy cover he drew on #370 (1st Adams Batman art), this is like a quantum leap stylistically. lol

370 hmmmm...

Detective370CGC94OW.jpg

It looks like early Adams to me. You can see more detail in the faces and even the bodies than Infatino. The artwork is still too blocky, though. If I recall correctly, someone posted an interview/comment that DC wanted their artists to follow the house style = Infantino back then. As a result, it makes sense that his early stuff looked a bit more like that.

Look at the impact he had on the DC house artwork when he was in his prime. When I started collecting Adams pre-Internet I thought that some of Aparo's Phantom Stranger covers could have been roughed/inked by Adams.

this one is straight from Oklahoma!

StrangeAdventures214CGC94OW-WP.jpg

this book is so nice its a shame it only gets a 9.4. There are obviously items and PQ's that we understand make a 9.4 a really great 9.4!!