• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Revising item to $ave ebay fees? RJ IS AT IT AGAIN!

26 posts in this topic

Have you guys ever seen an item revised with about a day left? Title, item, & price completely changed to save on ebay fees? Here's an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=726810950

>>>CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE REVISIONS<<<<

This was a CGC book with an opening bid at 50 something dollars! RJ first ended auctions with no reserve early! Now this! Man he's going on the list of sellers. confused.gif

Hmmm, this guy is located about 30 minutes from where I live. I should look him up cuz his auctions state

World's Largest collection of "Best in World" 70/80's Issues Everyday

I would be interested in seeing this for myself.

Phil

Darth says he's a nice guy & I am sure he is, but his ebay practices have been suckin' tongue.gif Ended a few auctions on me with no reserve, email spams me (got my email after I questioned him about the ended auctions), now this. I wonder if a seller can go any lower. confused.gif

This guy does have a TON of material. In the 90's I bought some stuff from him..didn't like the grade..he kept sending copies until he sent me one I liked. Went through about 20 issues of Star Wars #1 and about 10 copies each of a couple Ghost Rider issues I needed.

Brian

but this constant manipulation of ebay will catch up to him just like BarginBox.

Sure it will, but not because buyers are pissed as hell at RJ, but because he's stealing food from the mouths of the EBay babies. Scam sellers all you want and EBay does nada, but try and scam them and you'll soon be dancing six-feet under.

If RJ keeps this up, I guarantee he'll be getting an adjoining grave right next to Bargainbox.

The Guy is a [!@#%^&^].... I am the one who bought from him. Got a water damaged issue that he had list on his bicomix website in the supposed NM/NM+ set. When went to complain he offered me $2.00 back to cover that issue and other damaged ones because he said I got such a deal on the set......... mad.gif . If this guy is such a big dog why only 619 feedback in more than 3 years. He probably has a lot of returns. Anyway thoughts from others on this guy?............... confused.gif

"If RJ keeps this up, I guarantee he'll be getting an adjoining grave right next to Bargainbox."

Does anyone know the story about Bargainbox? I'm wondering if eBay has only suspended him temporarily, or if it's indefinite? Was his suspension due to key-word spamming? I mean, there are a lot of other sellers who key-word spam on a regular basis and haven't been kicked off.

Hmmm, he is not in the yellow pages under comics, and he is not listed in the white pages under either Reynold Jays OR Back issue Comics. It would appear that even though his auctions make it sound like he has a brick and mortar storefront, he does not.

Phil

It's quite likely that Bargainbox was warned repeatedly for keyword spamming, and refused to comply. I'm not certain of this, but I've seen many other sellers get their auctions dropped for similar infractions, then a few days later relist them unchanged. After that, it's NRU-city.

I'm only guessing here, but it does follow the same pattern, as Bargainbox's last auctions had the same CGC/keyword as all his others.

Moral of this story: EBay hates wasting time and money monitoring auctions and sellers that disregard rules and warnings.

I actually called him and if remember correctly they answered the phone # listed on ebay as some other company. I think it was a laundrymat or something along those lines. Now i know how the comics got wet probably stored next to a leaky washing machine.....

Yeah!! Quit yer f'n whinin!!!! JK smile.gif... not defending his actions, but ebay's rules allow him to revise items...(I should know with 3000+ left to do.) and if he stays within rules cannot see ebay doing anything about it.. have only bought cgc items from him so cannot complain about grading but have many other buyers complain about him on ebay and elsewhere...Welcome to forum Bigman!!!!

I was just reviewing ebay's rules and it is against ebay rules to "avoid fees," although it doesn't say anything about revising the item before 12 hours. Let's see, just like CI said, ebay doesn't like it if you rip them off smirk.gif

not defending his actions, but ebay's rules allow him to revise items...(I should know with 3000+ left to do.) and if he stays within rules cannot see ebay doing anything about it.

But what he's doing is not within the EBay guidelines, as auctions can only be closed (with no seller and no Final Value Fees to EBay) as the result of extraneous circumstances, such as loss, breakage or theft. If this happens a lot, then EBay will do something, as this type of unethical practice hurts their business model and essentially steals profits from them if there were active bids before cancellation.

Personally, I think RJ just made a mistake of monumental proportions in trying to double-dip and revise his item for lower fees, immediately before he ended it.

RJ will go down, maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow, but you try to scam fees from EBay and sooner or later, they'll come to collect.

The phone # I got was after requesting it though eBay after winning the auction. Thats the way you can get it..... frown.gif ...I stopped buying books because of guys like him and the remarkable ability for 50 to 75% of sellers on eBay to get grading wrong....... confused.gif ...I have bought slowly again but only after setting up a agreement with the sellers that if they drop the ball I get money back......... grin.gif