• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
18 18

4,427 posts in this topic

Thanks to Greg F. (idk if he's on these boards) was able to get these done at a very hectic singing pre-Royal Rumble (day off).

These are going to be at the top of the census (all 6 belong to me, or greg).  As Sasha signings are usually 5 hour rates, with iffy CGC treatment.

However, Sasha was super excited and we caught her at a good time.  On top of that FNC brought her into the store to sign a bunch of copies of their stock of these, without any witness present.  I believe about 300 of each (at least) now won't be able to get that Yellow Slab as a result.

58fddbbb155b9__57-3.thumb.JPG.f380d37efbe80a36513fb2d7b1efbb78.JPG

58fddbbc40543__57.thumb.JPG.4b3ae5f439ddc8991c198d7aa1ac788f.JPG

13 minutes ago, Dork Buzz said:

With 7 on census and no sales info from GPA on a signed copy, I feel justified in posting this here. 

Thanks to Rich Henn for the assist. 

But it's not the onl...

and there's 2 highe...

Whatever.  Nice book.  (thumbsu

22 hours ago, Dork Buzz said:

With 7 on census and no sales info from GPA on a signed copy, I feel justified in posting this here. 

Thanks to Rich Henn for the assist. 

BB28A.jpg

BB28B.jpg

BB28C.jpg

If you're using GPA as a factor to determine existence, you're probably not doing it right.

38 minutes ago, revat said:

If you're using GPA as a factor to determine existence, you're probably not doing it right.

I'm not. I am using the CGC census as stated in my post. GPA was used to determine if a SS copy had sold, there were none on record. 

8 minutes ago, Dork Buzz said:

I'm not. I am using the CGC census as stated in my post. GPA was used to determine if a SS copy had sold, there were none on record. 

It's not a big deal, and it is a stunningly impressive book, but I'm not sure I follow the logic. 

This is a thread for lone highest grade CGC SS books, or CGC SS books for which there are only 1 CGC SS book, as is seemingly obvious in the title. 

You cited both relevant and irrelevant information to somehow justify the inclusion of your book as appropriate for this thread.  Its beyond question that the relevant information you cited (census) already precludes your book from this thread.  I was questioning your citing the irrelevant information, as in "Why would any part of your justification for inclusion rely on sales history?" It's not a big deal, maybe you worded it wrong, maybe I understood it wrong, maybe you understood the thread wrong, I just couldn't follow the logic. 

Either way, you're obviously satisfied with your book, and I congratulate you on it.

9 minutes ago, revat said:

It's not a big deal, and it is a stunningly impressive book, but I'm not sure I follow the logic. 

This is a thread for lone highest grade CGC SS books, or CGC SS books for which there are only 1 CGC SS book, as is seemingly obvious in the title. 

You cited both relevant and irrelevant information to somehow justify the inclusion of your book as appropriate for this thread.  Its beyond question that the relevant information you cited (census) already precludes your book from this thread.  I was questioning your citing the irrelevant information, as in "Why would any part of your justification for inclusion rely on sales history?" It's not a big deal, maybe you worded it wrong, maybe I understood it wrong, maybe you understood the thread wrong, I just couldn't follow the logic. 

Either way, you're obviously satisfied with your book, and I congratulate you on it.

I read that as though Willy Wonka were saying it, and it satisfied me.  (worship)

45 minutes ago, revat said:

Using the resources available there is no way of identifying if any of the other 6 copies in census are signed by Joe Giella. If this is the only copy signed by him, and it is as far as I can tell, it is then the only copy, thus belonging in this thread. 

I have a second copy signed by Giella headed to CGC and once it is graded my first post will no longer be a one of a kind, so I am enjoying it while I can. 

Thank you for the congratulations!

1 minute ago, Dork Buzz said:

Using the resources available there is no way of identifying if any of the other 6 copies in census are signed by Joe Giella. If this is the only copy signed by him, and it is as far as I can tell, it is then the only copy, thus belonging in this thread. 

I have a second copy signed by Giella headed to CGC and once it is graded my first post will no longer be a one of a kind, so I am enjoying it while I can. 

Thank you for the congratulations!

Ok, NOW I get it.  Thanks for the clarification.  I too would doubt that there's other Giella's, especially since I don't think he worked on the book.  It's not a huge point, and I think people have given a lot of latitude on this issue, but I think this thread is generally constructed regardless of who the signer is, just going strictly on grade and census, otherwise everyone could really post anything based on their 'opinion' that a given book is the only one signed by a certain creator at a certain grade, which is already nearly impossible to prove. 

I think that's where the disconnect was, that we don't share a similar understanding about what the purpose of this thread is. 

1 minute ago, revat said:

Ok, NOW I get it.  Thanks for the clarification.  I too would doubt that there's other Giella's, especially since I don't think he worked on the book.  It's not a huge point, and I think people have given a lot of latitude on this issue, but I think this thread is generally constructed regardless of who the signer is, just going strictly on grade and census, otherwise everyone could really post anything based on their 'opinion' that a given book is the only one signed by a certain creator at a certain grade, which is already nearly impossible to prove. 

I think that's where the disconnect was, that we don't share a similar understanding about what the purpose of this thread is. 

Giella did interior art for BB 28.