• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little Help with this AF #15

57 posts in this topic

Umm, you wouldn't happen to be color-blind?

Dammit Joe it is a purple label! Man - check your monitor settings.

Now I'm starting to get a tad worried about my eyesight, so here's a comparison:

The posted Restored Label:

blue_label.jpg

A Purple Restored Label:

purple_label.jpg

Are you telling me you can't see the difference?

I can see the difference. The top one is the new label style and the bottom one is the old label style. makepoint.gif

Good work Bug, now read "See Spot Run" and answer the questions on the review page. Get them all correct and you'll receive a Gold Star.

Umm, you wouldn't happen to be color-blind?

Dammit Joe it is a purple label! Man - check your monitor settings.

Now I'm starting to get a tad worried about my eyesight, so here's a comparison:

The posted Restored Label:

blue_label.jpg

A Purple Restored Label:

purple_label.jpg

Sometimes the eye sees what the mind wants it to see - whether it's wanting to see that CGC-is-changing-the-color-of-the-label-conspiracy, or the girl-giving-you-a-ride-home-from-the-bar-after-last-call is a hottie (hey, it's okay if you're the wingman 'cause you got next ups!). 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Sometimes the eye sees what the mind wants it to see - whether it's wanting to see that CGC-is-changing-the-color-of-the-label-conspiracy, or the girl-giving-you-a-ride-home-from-the-bar-after-last-call is a hottie (hey, it's okay if you're the wingman 'cause you got next ups!). 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Speaking of purple labels, how long 'till you get your XM book back from CGC?

Sometimes the eye sees what the mind wants it to see - whether it's wanting to see that CGC-is-changing-the-color-of-the-label-conspiracy

Why is everything a conspiracy with you? Even Steve thanked me for pointing him to a Blue Label Restored and I didn't even make a big deal about the error.

I thought me might have had another one.

Anything else greggy quality in there or ????? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, that depends - might you be interested in any Top Census Bronze Age DC's? thumbsup2.gif

Sigh....modern junk! 893frustrated.gif

Well, you know what they say - one man's trash...(just like those DC hand-me-downs you've been sending me!!).

Anything else greggy quality in there or ????? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, that depends - might you be interested in any Top Census Bronze Age DC's? thumbsup2.gif

Sigh....modern junk! 893frustrated.gif

Well, you know what they say - one man's trash...(just like those DC hand-me-downs you've been sending me!!).

Hey...you were happy with the deal! BTW...I still don't know how you priced out those 4 books in trade but oh well...the deal's done! sorry.gif

My concern is while I know that trimming is a defect, is it better/worse than having had the book restored??

Bottom line? Only you can decide that for yourself if you are thinking in terms of collectability.

In terms of resale value, trimmed does tend to be low on the list.

My concern is while I know that trimming is a defect, is it better/worse than having had the book restored??

Bottom line? Only you can decide that for yourself if you are thinking in terms of collectability.

In terms of resale value, trimmed does tend to be low on the list.

While I am opposed to any form of restoration except when required for prevention of deterioration, I actually think that minor trimming is a lesser form of evil than many other types of non-reversible resto. C'mon, we all have seen the threads that show how multiple copies of a single issue can come direct from the printer in varying sizes. Someone (Rob?) did an excellent example of demonstrating that using DD#1 as I recall.

I don't like removal of a "part" of the comic, but as long as it is pretty minor I don't think I'd penalize the value of a minorly trimmed issue, even on three sides, vs other non-reversible resto. Whether it was trimmed at the printing plant or trimmed later you can still have a trimmed comic that is labeled as restored that is the same dimensions as an untrimmed copy.