• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Very nice!

I like the "Remember Pearl Harbor" on the cover as well! (thumbs u

Even though it's Germans rather than Japanese he's fighting! I do like these WW II covers.

That just looks like white paper that was glued to the covers, and in the case of the front cover, colored in to match (sort of).

Lousy amateur restoration and brittle pages, but it is complete, and the art area isn't defaced.

Someone will be happy to have a relatively cheap very low grade copy when the auction is over.

That just looks like white paper that was glued to the covers, and in the case of the front cover, colored in to match (sort of).

Lousy amateur restoration and brittle pages, but it is complete, and the art area isn't defaced.

Someone will be happy to have a relatively cheap very low grade copy when the auction is over.

Thanks rjpb. That confirms what I was thinking the more I looked at the pictures.

They will. This book is rapidly going the way of Pep 22 and Archie 1.

Do you really think so Steve? If it were a few years ago I would agree with you, and seeing as how I have a great copy I would like to, but I feel like over the last two years I've seen one story after another about people trying to strip it of its significance... usually trying to call attention and value to their Pep 23 or top-notch 24, etc.

Thanks for posting the link Keith!

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

Do you really think so Steve? If it were a few years ago I would agree with you, and seeing as how I have a great copy I would like to, but I feel like over the last two years I've seen one story after another about people trying to strip it of its significance... usually trying to call attention and value to their Pep 23 or top-notch 24, etc.

Thanks for posting the link Keith!

No problem Andrew. I thought Jackpot 4 had really increased in desirability over the last few years among Archie collectors. (shrug)

Yeah, I do. It's the first cover appearance and I think it speaks to people more than Pep 23 even though Pep 23 is the true second appearance. Of course, I could be wrong lol

Low grade but I couldn't pass up this cover...

AF74480A-C041-4DB1-9F9F-B163B039E62A_zpso3n3ykfc.jpg

I gave serious thought to bidding on that but I can barely afford what I do collect. Great cover! :applause:

This cover makes me want to collect more MLJ books now.

MLJ's are such colorful and great books, but they seem comparatively scarce in the marketplace. Good luck with the hunt...

Thanks for the kind words everyone... This cover makes me want to collect more MLJ books now... You're right there are some great interiors. Check out this splash page.

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/preview/index.php?did=76&page=21

They are a great publisher to collect, some really out there covers that don't get the notoriety that say, Timelys or even some Nedors get. I have a pretty decent group so far( still growing) since I started to collect them, but nothing on the level of say Golden PR guy, or 143ksk (worship)(worship) .

But I'm shooting for something close :D