• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

I think it was that same show, or maybe the year before, that I held my grail for the first and only time in my 41 years of life. It was a low grade copy, but it made me so happy. Hated handing it back. :( I fear this book will wind up as the only MLJ missing from my collection.

IMG_6494_zpstpmfxvfb.jpg

I think it was that same show, or maybe the year before, that I held my grail for the first and only time in my 41 years of life. It was a low grade copy, but it made me so happy. Hated handing it back. :( I fear this book will wind up as the only MLJ missing from my collection.

IMG_6494_zpstpmfxvfb.jpg

Oh, no. Some day, my friend, a copy will be yours! :sumo:

Obviously, this is an SA book ... but I'm sneaking it in! :sumo:

fcbdedab-716d-4e2e-aaba-b6cc503750b7_zpsaijpz33a.jpg

That is a great cover. I really like when they would occasionally put pop-culture figures on the comic. It was few and far between that Archie did it but the Beatles, Elvis and a few others did appear.

:hi:

The #18 has that cool cover, but the #27 has some interior stories that are amazingly insane, including that infamous torture splash page someone posted here recently... they are every bit as lurid as the Hangman books. I'd like to get at least one more of the war books from the later part of the run (I did chase the #30 in the CC auctions too, but ended up the underbidder.)

Thanks for the kind comments, guys!

... zip-a-dee-ay.

2vl2ul2.jpg

Love the pair of Zips! Two of best in the run imho. The headlights cover on 18 is outrageous and the psychedelic background on the 27 is really cool in hand.If the first appearance of the Web and the war cover isn't cool enough for you,check out the Baron Gestapo splash!

Congrats on two beauties! :applause:

zip27splash_zpsuad0rsrr.jpg

Love the pair of Zips! Two of best in the run imho. The headlights cover on 18 is outrageous and the psychedelic background on the 27 is really cool in hand.If the first appearance of the Web and the war cover isn't cool enough for you,check out the Baron Gestapo splash!

Congrats on two beauties! :applause:

Sorry for the late reply, been traveling. Thanks for the comments and for posting those crazy interior pages. (thumbs u

Do you have many issues of the Zip run?

On a non-zip note, I think we would be doing this topic a disservice if we didn't recognize what's happening on HA right now ... already at 31k with the BP. :cloud9:

lf_zpsjfcv5zqb.jpeg

Yeah, I've been watching that one. Will it make $50K? hm