• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Thank you to Gino and everyone else for the kind words. I've been after a copy for a while now, constantly being outbid on copies in my ballpark. Once I came across this copy in Bunky's sales thread, I jumped on it lol  I didn't know when another copy would present itslef

Edited by TheWatcher
Correct mistake

1 hour ago, TheWatcher said:

Thank you to Gino and everyone else for the kind words. I've been after a copy for a while now, constantly being outbid on copies in my ballpark. Once I came across this copy in Bunky's sales thread, I jumped on it lol  I didn't know when another copy would present itslef

Great book I've never had the pleasure of owning. Spied a copy that looks a little lower grade on the bay that seems to be traveling upward quickly. Will be interesting to see where it lands.

Well, I'm kind of embarrassed to post this one after those beauties, but the mail man just arrived with this (I know, SA by a few months). Before I get the whole "why would you bother slabbing that POS," I didn't. I won it off of eBay for next to nothing ;). I must say, it has a pretty bad press job and I'm no expert. Just liked the cover!

JH3.thumb.JPG.4ed7b111192aaeae74f355d7b7ade568.JPG

Edited by Patriot6

2 hours ago, Patriot6 said:

Well, I'm kind of embarrassed to post this one after those beauties, but the mail man just arrived with this (I know, SA by a few months). Before I get the whole "why would you bother slabbing that POS," I didn't. I won it off of eBay for next to nothing ;). I must say, it has a pretty bad press job and I'm no expert. Just liked the cover!

JH3.thumb.JPG.4ed7b111192aaeae74f355d7b7ade568.JPG

I like the cover, too! 

15 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Not sure whether I've posted this one before.  First explicitly ant-Japanese cover? On the stands a full year and a half before Pearl Harbor.

d0021e36-b88b-4ba9-9dbc-ab5edbfce876_zps

Double :whatthe: :whatthe: And very NICE! :headbang:

Tony, what 'segment' of Golden Age don't you have your hand in? :baiting:

53 minutes ago, sagii said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Not sure whether I've posted this one before.  First explicitly ant-Japanese cover? On the stands a full year and a half before Pearl Harbor.

d0021e36-b88b-4ba9-9dbc-ab5edbfce876_zps

Double :whatthe: :whatthe: And very NICE! :headbang:

Tony, what 'segment' of Golden Age don't you have your hand in? :baiting:

The ones that my arms are too short to reach! :)