• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Bad Boy ASM #14 CGC 9.6 how much it will get?$

35 posts in this topic

Re-Submitting books is such a BAD move! "oh this 9.4 looks like a 9.6 let me resubmit this 10K book,CGC must have made a mistake"..yeah they did,it's really a 9.2 not a 9.4...lol Thousand of dollars are lost..that what you get for being greedy i guess. Kevin

Double huh??? His post should look like this:

"Re-Submitting books is such a GOOD move! "oh this 9.4 looks like a 9.6 let me resubmit this 10K book,CGC must have made a mistake"..yeah they did,it's really a 9.6 not a 9.4...lol Thousand of dollars are gained..that what you get for being greedy i guess."

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

While I do see one side to Shuleys point, in my personal experience I have seen nothing but dollars gained from resubmissions.

Although I don;t like the fact that it skews the Census, if CGC was consistent it would not happen.

I have personally resubbed quite a few high grade books,

Many were grade during the winter of discontent.

ASM 5 9.2 ---------9.4

ASM 13 9.2------------9.4

ASM 16 9.2---------9.4

ASM 19 9.4 TRIMMED BLUE LABEL............9.6

ASM 28 9.2 P SLIGHT COLOR TOUCH----------9.2 BLUE TOP

2 COPIES ASM 39 9.2-----------9.4 BOTH BY CUSTOMERS OF MINE.

ASM 40 9.2-----------9.4

Anyone else have resub stories?

M

supapimpa, i doubt they came back unrestored unless the color touches were removed.I have seen books resubmitted and come back lower than the assigned grade before and people have lost money.As for everyone hates Shuley posts..ok here it goes..The market is crashing,all the spidey books have peaked,and no one is safe in this market cause we all paid too much,and there are no sure-fire blue chip investments cause there are so many 9.4 and higher silver age books out there yet to be graded......everyone like me now???

14 in 9.6 is a better buy IMHO.

I remember a 9 in 9.6 selling on Ebay for around 6k a year and a half ago.

Either way it's too much money for both books in the soft market, I would much rather buy a nice 9.4 and save the multiples.

From my experience and many of yours there are lots of NM copies that aestheically look the same as a NM+.

I am sure the reserve on the 14 Jason has up is $25k. That's what it was on the market at prior to Ebay.

It is a very nice copy but man that is a lot of cash crazy.gif

comicinvestor is that you? tongue.gif did you hack into cgc forums and broke into shuley's id? maybe the market is crashing and spidey prices have peaked. BTW comiclink is lowering their asking prices and sales on non key spidey's i'd have to agree. those who came out with CGC books early made out like bandits. when robert storms and comgeek start selling modern age slabbed books, you know the jig is up. now this post was in no way to put anybody down, it's just my observation of the way the market is currently going. blush.gifshocked.gifgrin.gif

we don't. That's why I said "from the looks of it." To me it's a likely scenario. But, one of the 9.4s could have been dowgraded to PR 0.5 Extensive (a) for all we know. tongue.gif