• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,113 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2018 at 2:57 PM, PopKulture said:

Heck, the fact that Four Color 64 isn't listed as a classic

https://www.comics.org/issue/135086/cover/4/???

11 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

Does the All story 1 original painting exist?

I asked Doug Ellis, who owns an extensive collection of pulps and original pulp art, and he said it's not known to exist.  He added that ERB was offered the original painting around 1915 but thought the asking price was too high and did not buy it.  

ERB did purchase quite a few Allen St John paintings of Tarzan and other Burroughs' characters.  I believe those still mostly reside with the family.

8 hours ago, Arkadin said:

Just picked up this Fantasy Book 6 (1950) with the first Cordwainer Smith story, "Scanners Live in Vain."

s-l1600.jpg

In a weird way, I like they way they scratched out the 25c price and stamped the 50c price on instead.  Looks a lot better than most alterations of that sort.

10 hours ago, Pat Calhoun said:

Great mag - Mort Weisinger's editing should be more celebrated, and Howard V Brown's art as well. Here are reprints of 'Black Flame' and retitled 'Prisoner of Mars'.

img592.jpg

img4940.jpg

That Black Flame cover is awesome, Pat!  Thanks for sharing.(thumbsu

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:32 AM, Arkadin said:

Just picked up this Fantasy Book 6 (1950) with the first Cordwainer Smith story, "Scanners Live in Vain."

s-l1600.jpg

Just got this in hand - it's a lot smaller than I expected. Not much bigger than a paperback.

Does anyone know if all the issues of Fantasy Book were in the same small format?

On 4/18/2018 at 5:32 AM, RedFury said:

I asked Doug Ellis, who owns an extensive collection of pulps and original pulp art, and he said it's not known to exist.  He added that ERB was offered the original painting around 1915 but thought the asking price was too high and did not buy it.  

On 4/17/2018 at 6:19 PM, Knightsofold said:

Does the All story 1 original painting exist?

You guys are talking about the October 1912 Tarzán cover, correct? Not the actual All Story 1?

CD7C5499-C8EA-43BC-A6E6-55909609A3B5.jpeg.adc079cf10f96a3061fc72cb05b7c914.jpeg

Edited by N e r V