• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,113 posts in this topic

:bump: I love this thread these covers are great. It needs a bump and one question are there any good websites where you can learn more about rarity/ values of pulps? I just bought 3 more bringing my total to 5. Edited by BrianR

:bump: I love this thread these covers are great. It needs a bump and one question are there any good websites where you can learn more about rarity/ values of pulps? I just bought 3 more bringing my total to 5.

No website per se, no. Online the best resource I know is to look up the catalog at www.adventurehouse.com to see how a dealer prices books. I use a rule of thumb that I will bid only 50% of the price on that catalog (I adjust the percentage based on my knowledge of the demand for each title). Otherwise, the Bookery Fantasy Guide to the Pulp is the only and ultimate resource available.

I also picked up a mid grade copy of this Spicy Mystery...one of the most classic pulp covers of all time.

It is going up for sale as a buy it now, or best offer, on ebay. Of course I would also trade for early high grade Shadows.

spicymysterybatmanfc.jpg

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

I also picked up a mid grade copy of this Spicy Mystery...one of the most classic pulp covers of all time.

It is going up for sale as a buy it now, or best offer, on ebay. Of course I would also trade for early high grade Shadows.

spicymysterybatmanfc.jpg

Dwight

PM sent!!

nice pulps Dwight!

Here it is The front credits this to Jack Binder. Sorry I don't know if he was the artist, writer or both. Don't know much about the pulps themselves either. It new territory for me.

test042.jpg

test042.jpg

Thanks for the photo. :applause:

The last paragraph states that "Franklin predicted science will some day discover an anti-gravity force, and also double the human life span."

I'd like to read more about these predictions. Does anyone know of a relevant link on the web?

I thought it would be fun to show the title pages for the stories in the Fantastic Adventures.

Sorry if this is a common pulp and you may have already seen these.

test046.jpg

test047.jpg

test048.jpg

test049.jpg

test051.jpg

test050.jpg

I thought it would be fun to show the title pages for the stories in the Fantastic Adventures.

THANKS. :applause: :applause: :applause:

That means a lot coming from you. Your collection is simply amazing!!!! I love looking at your posts. I am just starting to collect pulps I only have 5 so far. I basicly collect silver and newer.

test046.jpg

I am just starting to collect pulps I only have 5 so far. I basicly collect silver and newer.

We can all learn from each other. Prior to your post, I'd never heard of The Scientists Revolt. Now I'm curious.

Pulps are lots of fun to collect. They're relatvely inexpensive (especially when compared to comics) and there's lots of great artwork and some good stories, too.