• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,154 posts in this topic

Went to the 41st annual Los Angeles Vintage Paperback Show today. Had the pleasure to visit with boardies Robot Man and Hap Hazard, plus I saw several comic book dealers were in attendance.

The show would have been a complete dud for me (I don’t collect paperbacks), BUT one dealer and his wife drove from the East Coast to setup and they had a wonderful selection of pulps across all genres. Some great stuff, I gladly spent hours sifting through product and selecting samples of the best pulps.

Scans coming up later... :cloud9:

Here's some goodies I picked up at the LA Paperback show,

Pocket pulp Magazines, by 1950 pulps were in trouble and Trojan experimented by printing pulps in digest size. Must not of been successful most were the last

or only issue.454349996_Six-GunWesternpocketpulps10121950.thumb.jpg.9233f67b01302b1f4a72dc2d00402abc.jpg

Crime Fiction Stories 12 1950.jpg

Pocket Detective 9 1950.jpg

Pocket Western 11 1950.jpg

Edited by Hap Hazard

2 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

Here's some goodies I picked up at the LA Paperback show,

Pocket pulp Magazines, by 1950 pulps were in trouble and Trojan experimented by printing pulps in digest size. Must not of been successful most were the last

or only issue.454349996_Six-GunWesternpocketpulps10121950.thumb.jpg.9233f67b01302b1f4a72dc2d00402abc.jpg

Crime Fiction Stories 12 1950.jpg

Pocket Detective 9 1950.jpg

Pocket Western 11 1950.jpg

Nice Hap. Never seen any of those. We sure had fun today huh?

Just now, Hap Hazard said:

Here's two that I've wanted for a long time and thinned my wallet a bit.

Strange Tales was competing with Weird tales but folded with all the other Clayton books in 1933.These issues have REH, Smith, Derleth, Cave and with

great covers. June 1932 and last issue Jan 1933

Strange Tales June 1932.jpg

Strange Tales Jan 1933.jpg

Saw these two in person, great buys Steve! :applause:

One more for now, As a Tarzan guy I've been looking for this one for a while.

Thrilling Adventures  June 1940 with Tarzan and the Jungle Murders, by 1940 Tarzan had been around the jungle a few times and ERB had some trouble selling this

Tarzan story finally sold it to this 3rd string adventure pulp. Must not of sold to well tough to find.

Thrilling Adventures 6 1940.jpg

2 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Starting out small, literally...

Arkham Sampler 1#1, white pages. The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath (part 1) by Lovecraft.

This issue was published in an edition of only 1,200 copies. The title had an 8 issue run, it‘s common for there to be rust at the three staples. This beautiful copy appears to be unread.

53607809-AADE-4E5B-B0F2-B52899C10C4F.jpeg

The Samplers always a great read and true they all seem to have rusty staples.

45 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

Here's two that I've wanted for a long time and thinned my wallet a bit.

Strange Tales was competing with Weird tales but folded with all the other Clayton books in 1933.These issues have REH, Smith, Derleth, Cave and with

great covers. June 1932 and last issue Jan 1933

Strange Tales June 1932.jpg

Strange Tales Jan 1933.jpg

Two Hugh B. Cave vampire cover stories, Stragella and Murgunstrumm, and both are really good.  Strange Tales was packed with great stuff.  Congrats!