• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are there so few World's Finest collectors?
2 2

186 posts in this topic

wf91.jpg

I have wondered why WF #91 is less scarce than all the issues around it?

A simple answer would be about differing print runs but that seems unlikely to me.

Unless it's just that I happen to have seen more of #91 than other numbers around it!

Don't know, but that certainly is a nicer one than generally seen!

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

Here are a couple more scans of World's Finest books from my collection:

03-06-201185535PM.jpg

03-06-201185539PM.jpg

:cool:

Great books! The pink tones on the #114 are so beautiful I just can't get enough.

I don'y know if my copy is paler than yours of if it's just the scans?

WorldsFinest114.jpg

My #114 is as deep and bright a pink as the scan.

:cloud9:

Here are scans of a couple more of my World's Finest books:

03-06-201185543PM.jpg

03-06-201185547PM.jpg

:juggle:

Nice colors on these books, Hepcat. As with #114, subtle color variations can occur from issue to issue, only affecting some shadings, not all, on the cover. I have noticed this particularly on some early SA Detective, where the Batmobile can vary from deep blue to a light purple on different copies of the same issue.

I don't know about the Silver Age copies...but the GOLDEN AGE ones were 15 cents and in

those days I could get better titles for my dime. I did pick-up a few that I still have...#18...

#19...#21...#34...#36...#40...#41...& #42.

mm

If you thing high-grade SA WFs get no love, think about us poor "any condition" collectors. When I was putting this run together a few years back a LCS owner told me "You'd have to be crazy to spend money on reading grade DC silver" and I said "Yep, you're probably right" then walked up to the counter w/ a couple dozen BTH Lois Lanes and Superboys.

You can't really tell from the picture, but there's about a dozen Bedrock City stickers on these. I think the last 5 or 6 of my 100+ run came from them on the same day.

WF%252520group.JPG

If you thing high-grade SA WFs get no love, think about us poor "any condition" collectors. When I was putting this run together a few years back a LCS owner told me "You'd have to be crazy to spend money on reading grade DC silver" and I said "Yep, you're probably right" then walked up to the counter w/ a couple dozen BTH Lois Lanes and Superboys.

You can't really tell from the picture, but there's about a dozen Bedrock City stickers on these. I think the last 5 or 6 of my 100+ run came from them on the same day.

WF%252520group.JPG

That's some good reading. (thumbs u

When I was putting this run together a few years back a LCS owner told me "You'd have to be crazy to spend money on reading grade DC silver"....

What a salesman! BTW, what was he suggesting you buy, multiple issues of the same book to get all the variant covers?

:eyeroll:

When I was putting this run together a few years back a LCS owner told me "You'd have to be crazy to spend money on reading grade DC silver"....

What a salesman! BTW, what was he suggesting you buy, multiple issues of the same book to get all the variant covers?

:eyeroll:

nah, he was trying to sell me the kinda books you have :baiting:

granted they'd be worth much more today than the "any condition" stuff I bought, but I'd only have 6 or 7 books

and I know I'm biased, but these are some fun stories (backup stories included)

WF%252520group.JPG

Cool books :applause: I need just one more issue to complete 100-323.

which one? and what condition do you need?

i've got 1-51 and 96-323, and little desire to fill in the gap

#108 - as long as it's complete then it can join the rest of the low graders that I have. lol

#108 - as long as it's complete then it can join the rest of the low graders that I have. lol

bah. can't help you with that one. got some reading grade dupes from 127-154 or so that i can't even give away :grin:

i'm tempted to start second sets of WF, Superman, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Adventure, etc. for my son

bah. can't help you with that one. got some reading grade dupes from 127-154 or so that i can't even give away :grin:

i'm tempted to start second sets of WF, Superman, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Adventure, etc. for my son

No worries on the book - those titles would be great reads for your son.

As long as he's not 47 years old :baiting:

WF%252520group.JPG

5558750749_c8e4738570_z.jpg

I am working on my golden age collection.

I still have my silver age collection from the sixties.

Superman and Batman together ...and with Sprang's art!

What could be better?

Edited by BB-Gun