• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age X-Men 9.6s on ebay!!!!!!!

98 posts in this topic

It had a reserve. It's on Pedigree now.

Not at the final price it didn't... hm

Are you implying the comic didn't change hands?

Jim

Well, I thought it was on Pedigree at $1750. I could have sworn I read the description today and it said Hollywood Hills. Maybe I'm getting old. hm

What's up with that? How could he try selling the comic after it was already bought in the other auction? hm

Isn't wasonff a board member?

Jim

Maybe he felt bad...

That he won the auction? :insane:

Jim

What's up with that? How could he try selling the comic after it was already bought in the other auction? hm

Isn't wasonff a board member?

Jim

Maybe he felt bad...

That he won the auction? :insane:

Jim

I am cornfused...what just happened here? Something just doesn't add up. (tsk)

Guys,

Drew kind of felt bad that I lost money on the auction so he gave me the option of selling the book to someone else. The bid he placed was not a thrill bid. He placed a legitimate bid which he would pay with no problem at all especially since 1100 is fairly low for this book.. I then sold the book to someone else. You can stop the drama now :P

Looks like a thrill bid placed by a fellow boardie that couldn't be covered combined with / or seller's remorse for selling over 30% less then the price orginally paid.

You pretty well nailed it. lol

But I never asked the winning bidder to do so :shrug: I was willing to take the hit, but he was nice enough to allow me to sell the book to someone else. Personally it sucks taking a hit but considering the profit I've made on a couple of other books during the last couple of months, its not a big deal. In the end it evens outs. My fault for overpaying when I really want something :P

Guys,

Drew kind of felt bad that I lost money on the auction so he gave me the option of selling the book to someone else. The bid he placed was not a thrill bid. He placed a legitimate bid which he would pay with no problem at all especially since 1100 is fairly low for this book.. I then sold the book to someone else. You can stop the drama now :P

Then why bid at all? If he felt bad it closed at $1100 then why did he put in a bid if he was going to give it up? Sorry Danny but this smells more like a shill bid than anything...

Jim

If he felt bad it closed at $1100 then why did he put in a bid if he was going to give it up?

Don't know one way or the other, but the winner's actual bid could have been much higher than $1100.