• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 NEWSSTAND PIC TIME MACHINE JOURNEY INTO THE PAST
18 18

2,395 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, jpepx78 said:

Here is a photo from the past for the new year. How many of you remember the old days of box diving for comics that had no bags or boards in packed orange boxes?
This is a photo of kids box diving for comics at a California flea market from the late 70s or early 80s. Could this be at the Rose Bowl flea market? Maybe Robotman or members from southern California might recognize the background. I don’t think you’ll find too many 9.8 books in those boxes. Look at those magazines, Treasury editions and mid 70s DC & Marvels.

I hope all of you will find what you are looking for in the new year like these kids and have a safe and happy new year!

flea market ca.jpg

The racks alone are over 1k now easy

17 hours ago, jpepx78 said:

Here is a photo from the past for the new year. How many of you remember the old days of box diving for comics that had no bags or boards in packed orange boxes?
This is a photo of kids box diving for comics at a California flea market from the late 70s or early 80s. Could this be at the Rose Bowl flea market? Maybe Robotman or members from southern California might recognize the background. I don’t think you’ll find too many 9.8 books in those boxes. Look at those magazines, Treasury editions and mid 70s DC & Marvels.

I hope all of you will find what you are looking for in the new year like these kids and have a safe and happy new year!

flea market ca.jpg

Long Beach Veterans Stadium - maybe their monthly antique swap meet?