• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You guys wouldn't believe some of the $2 and $3 books i got at NYCC !!!!!!

19 posts in this topic

haha, okay, I couldn't wait either... here are some highlights just flippin through...

Secret Wars #8 VF.. $2

ASM 200 F/VF $2

The Shadow 1 F/VF $2

Ultimate Xmen #2 NM $2

ASM 130 NM- $2

ASM 157 NM

ASM 275 NM- $2

Spidey Super Stories 57 NM- $2

The Sandman (Kirby) #1 F/VF $2

Mister Miracle #5 NM- $2

Phantom Stranger #10 F $2 (black cover! nice!)

Destroyer Duck # NM+ $2

Space Adventures #27 VG $2 Ditko Art!

Joanh Hex #7 and #9 NM- $3 each

Flash 106 !!! Yes Flash 106 FAIR rough shape but $3 !!!!!! haha

3 NM copies of Xmen #248 1st Jim Lee, $2 EACH! !!!

The Atom #2 G/VG $3 !!

Action Comics #302 F $3

3 copies of Uncanny XMen #244 NM- or so each $2

X-Files 1/2 w certificate NM $2

Star Wars (marvel) #2 NM/NM+ $2

And more..I seriously cannot believe what a killin' I made :banana: This is the most giddy I've been about a purchase(s) in a long time !!!!

Make sure those X-men #248 aren't second printings.

The 248's are less impressive then the 244. First Jubilee, I waited 10 years to get that comic and picked up for $1.00 at my LCS. All in all great buys ! Some Kirby Goodness !

did you pick these up as a lot in a long box ??

or did you pick them up from different dealers??

Very-nice score (thumbs u

Nope, just picked them up individually from different dealers, the best being Zapp Comics, I got about 75% of those from them. I've seen them at other shows at made a bee-line to their booth as soon as I got in at 3 pm yesterday.

Reminds me of a friend of mine who used to go to the LA cons with no more than $40 in the early 90's and would end up with at least 50 comics, never spending over a buck on one. Often low grade, he'd pick up 50's romance, silver age DCs, and Bronze Age Marvel pre-hero/pre-code reprints, along with the occaissonal 90% below guide surprise, for as little as a quarter apiece.

I got back into comics about two years ago and went to my first con last year (San Jose Super-Con). I have to admit I had a hard time finding what I thought were great deals. I guess I need to look a little harder. Nice job on the pic ups!

hurumph, sounds like my kind of show

except the $30 or $45 or whatever the heck it cost to get in!

that makes the first little stack of great bargain bin books you buy a dollar more expensive each. buy enough and it gets averaged out though.

i guess Zapp delved into some of their inventory and brought up some good stuff. Their show stock had been getting progressively less exciting over the last 3 or 4 years and each time I'd hit them I'd buy 25% fewer comics. 4 years ago I could barely haul off all the great sh*t I got from them, last show I think I spent $25 and really worked the boxes hard to find the goodies.