• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC BOOK CLOCKS whoopee !!!! Check Em' OUT !!!!

267 posts in this topic

WHO WANTS A CLOCK ???

PM's work...I've done a few more lately for forum members.

PM me or just reply back here.....

Any cover (almost) that you want to see on a clock, I can do it for you.

I have a request in :baiting:

I get a lot of questions about how these clocks are made so I figured I'd give an example.

After YOU, the POTENTIAL BUYER requests a clock I get a scan of the cover, usually on the internet somewhere.

Here is what I did with a request for Marvel Super-Heroes 20

I got the scan of the cover....

3-2.jpg

I do a little photo-editing to isolate the image I'm going to use....

2-2.jpg

I put that image inside of a clock-frame

1-2.jpg

The hard part is cleaning it up and adding or removing anything that needs to be done...

Like the background stars and Dr. Dooms cape on the left....

4-1.jpg

Then I send an example of what it will look like inside the frame....

DOOM7-rough.jpg

After any revisions and once it's approved by YOU THE BUYER...I print it up and build it and take a real-life picture....

DOOM2.jpg

And that's pretty much it.

I can do almost any cover for you.

So, if you have been thinking about a clock and would like me to whip something up for you, feel free to send me a PM or just reply back here.

Best of all ..the TOTAL cost is $27.50, including USPS Priority shipping and tracking :banana:

THANKS FOR LOOKING !!!!

Jim.

Had a request for a SW68...to show a detailed example of what I'll do for you when you request a clock....I'll copy and paste the the Personal Messages I had with the seller regarding their clock.....

A forum member requested a Star Wars # 68 cover wall clock....

Here is the cover....

sw68cvrjpg.jpg

The following is the message I sent to them with different examples of what we could do with the clock.....

COOL...I like the yellow cover....

Here is what I'm doing....

I took the cover and isolated the main image and expanded the borders with yellow .

Made the colors a bit darker hm

a-3.jpg

Got rid of the Spiderman box in the lower left

b.jpg

Filled in the laser-fire

c.jpg

Lightened things up a bit and now....Here is where you can choose what's next...here are some examples..

In this example I put in two different gray circles...the solid outer circle...and a separated inner circle....LIKE on NO LIKE ?? you choose

d.jpg

This one has no inner circle, and I added the issue number box from the comic book.

You might notice I also cleaned up the jagged edge with another black circle on the perimeter of the artwork.

e.jpg

Here is a more minimally arranged version, with no inside circles and just the small issue number box.

f.jpg

So, you can mix and match any of these elements, or come up with whatever suggestions you would like to see and I'll show you an example.

Pretty neat, huh ?

The gray circle in the middle is just a guide for me to know where to cut the clock-face after I print it. This is where the hands will be coming out from.

I slip the finished version into an either WHITE or BLACK frame (almost 10 inches from side to side) and :acclaim:

If you're not sure which color frame you would prefer, I'll take pics of the real-life finished version and you can decide from that.

They requested just the outer gray circle in the background....

g.jpg

An idea of what it will look like in the frame :

h.jpg

AND FINALLY the real-life finished version, shipping out today.....(camera flash washes out the color vibrancy a little)

SW68-real_a2.jpg

SW68-real_a1.jpg

SW68-real_a.jpg

ALL OF THAT for 27.50, shipping included.

SO, if you've been thinking about getting a clock, feel free to PM me or reply back here.

(thumbs u , Jim.

When choosing a cover what is the best way to determine framing? For example, Four Color 386 "Only a Poor Old Man" the entire cover is gold versus X-Men 142 where it's a bit more broad. The latter is pretty comparable to your Star Wars example, so I can envision it better.

These things are great. The only trouble is picking a subject!

Thanks for your interest.

Usually that's the problem, picking one cover from the MANY great covers to use.

People always surprise me.

I did a Howard the Duck clock a while back. Wasn't expecting that.

The fun I get from working with the covers of a comic I would not have paid much attention to is GREAT.

I sent you a PM about your framing question. I didn't quite understand what you meant.

Just wanted to post how good these clocks look in hand. Just got a Showcase 22 clock and it is the bomb!

Thanks for the clock and anyone who has a comic room out there needs one of these custom clocks to set off their room!

Thanks!

I thought I'd post another example of what I'll do for you if you decide you would like to have me make a clock for you.

A forum member recently requested the cover to BLACK CAT # 1

229px-Black_Cat_-1.jpg

I asked if they wanted the logo or anything else from the cover and they said probably no logo...so I sent them some different versions.....

I went a little crazy with different variations....

VERSION 1 ...with the logo, nothing else

Black_cat_1f.jpg

VERSION 2 ...no logo, nothing else

Black_cat_1e.jpg

VERSION 3...Black Cat image is shrunk down a little bit...thin gray inner circle, upright numbers (hey, her hand is BEHIND the number "ELEVEN" in this version and version 4...I meant to put her hand IN FRONT of the numbers....like it looks in version 5...(JEEZ, I'm darn near confusing myself with all of this doh!

Black_cat_1d.jpg

VERSION 4 same as3 with a thicker gray inner circle

Black_cat_1c.jpg

VERSION 5...her hand in front (as it should be) with the numbers rotated...notice the logo is darker...that was a mistake...it will be lighter like the other versions. .....

Black_cat_1b.jpg

VERSION 6...same as five except the inner circle is the same light blue as her boots.

Black_cat_1a.jpg

OKEE DOKE...you can mix and match any of these elements....whatever you want...

Once we finalize it I'll print it up and take a few real-life pics....

Slap it inside a BLACK FRAMED CLOCK or a WHITE FRAMED CLOCK ???....if you're not sure, I can take real-life pics of both frames and you can decide.

It's 27.50 including USPS Priority shipping and tracking.

Jim.

They wrote back and said they liked version 6...so I printed the face and built the clock and sent them these REAL-LIFE pics.....

Hey....here are a bunch of real-life pics.

It turned out nice.

I don't have white frames (thought I did)....it looks really good in black though.

Wha-da-ya-think ?

Jim.

Black_cat_1a_real.jpg

Black_cat_2a_real.jpg

Black_cat_3a_real.jpg

Black_cat_4a_real.jpg

Black_cat_5a_real.jpg

They said they liked it, payment was made and the clock has shipped out.....

SO.....if you're interested in a clock just PM me or reply back here....

THANKS, JIM> (thumbs u

Do a few Dave Stevens clocks and I be you'll sell a few...Airboy #5 and Planet Comics #1 would be really cool. I might buy another...

Here are a couple Dave Stevens covers....

It wasn't easy filling in all that stone background....

airboyJPG.jpg

airboy.jpg

Dstevens.jpg