• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, StephenWA said:

And now we have a BRONZE foil of this comic to find...

That makes SIX variant covers - First Printing, Bronze Foil, Silver Foil, Gold Foil, Red Foil, and the Second Printing.

Yeah the Bronze is the foil version of the 2nd print.  Already seen a pictured copy on the bays.

(from the bays)

117177249_1022191298234992_5353170278969156562_n.png?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=-2RwOCs9CTMAX_aRTb2&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=70704f976360b0175eebdd682ac7e7d9&oe=5F50934E

I will say that even though they are foiling the outta this, all the foils are free to the shops (except Ruby) that receive them.  And the Ruby being given 1st to Skybound employees, good on them, I never planned to own one as I was certainly not paying $1k for it.

I was confused why they did a 2nd print in the 1st place, but @BladeTX made a good point that it is likely because some shops might not have even received the 1st print since it was after order cutoff.

But yeah, hunt is on for a Bronze that is slab worthy to go with my others.

On 4 August 2020 at 3:14 PM, Crops068 said:

Yeah the Bronze is the foil version of the 2nd print.  Already seen a pictured copy on the bays.

(from the bays)

117177249_1022191298234992_5353170278969156562_n.png?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=-2RwOCs9CTMAX_aRTb2&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=70704f976360b0175eebdd682ac7e7d9&oe=5F50934E

I will say that even though they are foiling the outta this, all the foils are free to the shops (except Ruby) that receive them.  And the Ruby being given 1st to Skybound employees, good on them, I never planned to own one as I was certainly not paying $1k for it.

I was confused why they did a 2nd print in the 1st place, but @BladeTX made a good point that it is likely because some shops might not have even received the 1st print since it was after order cutoff.

But yeah, hunt is on for a Bronze that is slab worthy to go with my others.

I thought it was great that Kirkman/Adlard/Skybound should do this to support (I have no doubt) hard-hit local comic stores during the covid-19 lockdowns and other restrictions. And a nice and unexpected surprise for collectors. I have to say that "the foils" present beautifully.

With help from @bigclutch for the last border piece I needed to figure out, it is completed! This is the original cover art to The Walking Dead 106 Cover B. 

It's the 100th issue that Adlard drew for the series.  Rick and the zombie outline is original art, the rest is a stat I created on a transparent overlay.

A link to it on my comicartfans.com page is here: https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1655662

WD106_sm.thumb.jpg.4b37505996ef43b201081814858e8355.jpg

29 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Finished up my set of Negan Lives.  Bronze and Red Foils I am sending out this afternoon to get the ole slab treatment. :)

1149221776_NeganLives.thumb.jpg.f13d2e4b055684bc8c16ec48624ba9a1.jpg

Why no love for the 1st Print & 2nd Print?  They deserve the slab treatment, too! 

#slaballthenegans :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Why no love for the 1st Print & 2nd Print?  They deserve the slab treatment, too! 

#slaballthenegans :ph34r:

I am leaning on getting a 2nd Print already slabbed, maybe.  The 1st print I have one on order already with a guarantee 9.8 and Lucille label.  Since the current WD labels are retired, I was hoping to get all of them with Lucille but alas that is unlikely.

I know @bigclutch mentioned reaching out to CGC about them retiring the labels already but not sure if it will change anything.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:03 PM, Crops068 said:

Finished up my set of Negan Lives.  Bronze and Red Foils I am sending out this afternoon to get the ole slab treatment. :)

1149221776_NeganLives.thumb.jpg.f13d2e4b055684bc8c16ec48624ba9a1.jpg

Very nice Crops068. I've got my (2) red foils on their way to my house and just recieved my Bronze, Red & Blue print today, via USPS raw. I'll be sending the raw Red foil out this weekend. Looking at selling that one, upon its return.

9 minutes ago, Otter1775 said:

Very nice Crops068. I've got my (2) red foils on their way to my house and just recieved my Bronze, Red & Blue print today, via USPS raw. I'll be sending the raw Red foil out this weekend. Looking at selling that one, upon its return.

Two!  Where did you get two?

On 6/23/2020 at 12:04 PM, StephenWA said:

I have been working with a few TWD "nuts" (and fountains of wisdom) to create a list of TWD rarities - those limited edition comic runs from conventions and from special boxes (etc). We have a rough draft to share.

If anyone here would like to see it/comment on it/correct it before we post it on here for the world to refer to, please ping me a DM with your email address :-)

Further to my post on 23 June 2020, thank you to everyone who requested the rough draft, and to those who commented on it. I posted the article today: 

NM+ 9.6 lololololol

Check this out!  I had no idea that NM+ 9.6 worthy copies could include 10+ spine ticks along with large color breaking creases clearly visible on the front cover! :jokealert:

Seriously, though...this is some horribly bad estimated grading.  If the seller knows enough to reference a 9.6 NM+ then they clearly know this is NOT anywhere close to that.  8.0 maybe on a GOOD day, but still...not cool.

One of the reasons I hate to buy raws on eBay...always check the posted pictures, people, and never buy off a stock image unless you have to.  Also, always ask to see the back cover because sometimes when the front looks good it's a party in the back...a bad one lol 

4 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

NM+ 9.6 lololololol

Check this out!  I had no idea that NM+ 9.6 worthy copies could include 10+ spine ticks along with large color breaking creases clearly visible on the front cover! :jokealert:

Seriously, though...this is some horribly bad estimated grading.  If the seller knows enough to reference a 9.6 NM+ then they clearly know this is NOT anywhere close to that.  8.0 maybe on a GOOD day, but still...not cool.

One of the reasons I hate to buy raws on eBay...always check the posted pictures, people, and never buy off a stock image unless you have to.  Also, always ask to see the back cover because sometimes when the front looks good it's a party in the back...a bad one lol 

Don't be a prude. ;)

5 hours ago, bigclutch said:

Don't be a prude. ;)

I do what I can to protect my fellow dead-heads :acclaim:

4czmnx.jpg.5e90468f76aa8ca28611402cec0d78ac.jpg

PS - you rock, Shawn! So use that Big Clutch power to get us another TWD original comic...I promise to collect them all if so (along with their variants and extra printings)!!! :banana:

4 hours ago, ZombieVet said:

Just in case someone's interested 😉 

20200827_135715.jpg

The hammer's about to fall in a little over an hour...I know I'll be watching!  It's a great investment book to go for...good luck to anyone who tries for it!