• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, bigclutch said:

Those 7 pages are the first 7 pages of issue 172. So they'll be available next month.

-shawn

Thank you Shawn, that is much better than only making it available through that one variant

1 hour ago, bigclutch said:

Those 7 pages are the first 7 pages of issue 172. So they'll be available next month.

-shawn

thinking about it more, isn't doing that a bit of an FU to TWD's most loyal fans?  By that I mean the fans who cant wait for the LCS to open on Wednesdays to tear right into that issue.  Now they are forced to either pony up quite a bit of money or wait another month to get those pages.  For the true diehard fans waiting a month might not be an option and those are the ones being penalized in this situation.  Yes, it is a nice plus for the stores but at the expensive of who?

I couldn't find that walking dead variant anywhere... and I checked 4 different stores when they opened or within the hour of their opening... I doubt peeps took off the shelf early... unless the shop themselves set them aside... 

I'll chalk this up as a loss... but there is a convention on Sunday near me...

16 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

Not too much difference than retailer exclusives. 

There have been other retailer exclusives that included pages that applied to the story that weren't included in the regular issue or other variants?  If not, I think 7 extra pages that apply to the story makes it very different than other exclusives

11 minutes ago, pjray55 said:

There have been other retailer exclusives that included pages that applied to the story that weren't included in the regular issue or other variants?  If not, I think 7 extra pages that apply to the story makes it very different than other exclusives

Not that I'm aware of but these 7 extra pages in the cover B variant are just the first 7 pages of issue 172 which will be out in a month. I guess at this point it's...do you hunt for the copy with the extra pages, pay the eBay premium to get the extra pages, or just wait till issue 172 drops in October and pay $2.99?

2 hours ago, D-Optimist said:

I couldn't find that walking dead variant anywhere... and I checked 4 different stores when they opened or within the hour of their opening... I doubt peeps took off the shelf early... unless the shop themselves set them aside... 

I'll chalk this up as a loss... but there is a convention on Sunday near me...

Don't bother chasing it, it'll tank soon enough  

10 hours ago, pjray55 said:

Really?  Getting more for your money?  Being forced to chase a variant that is now selling for $80 is what's wrong if you want to have those 7 pages in print for your collection. So if spending an extra $77 for 7 pages is more for your money in your eyes I guess you are right

The only one forcing you to chase a variant is you.  Get the book in a few months when the price tanks if you have to have it that bad

Just now, Kevin76 said:

The only one forcing you to chase a variant is you.  Get the book in a few months when the price tanks if you have to have it that bad

ummmm you said that what this does is give customers more for their money - and that was before you or anyone knew that the 7 pages would be reprinted so please explain.  So I pay $2.99 or less for 32 pages and right now for 39 pages I would have to pay $60 or there about unless I was one of the lucky few.  Again how am I getting more for my money?  The only one getting more for their money is the retailer that is selling these for over cover price - it was a wonderful unannounced bonus for them.

3 hours ago, pjray55 said:

thinking about it more, isn't doing that a bit of an FU to TWD's most loyal fans?  By that I mean the fans who cant wait for the LCS to open on Wednesdays to tear right into that issue.  Now they are forced to either pony up quite a bit of money or wait another month to get those pages.  For the true diehard fans waiting a month might not be an option and those are the ones being penalized in this situation.  Yes, it is a nice plus for the stores but at the expensive of who?

wouldn't the biggest fans be the ones waiting Wednesday morning for the comic book store to open?

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

wouldn't the biggest fans be the ones waiting Wednesday morning for the comic book store to open?

Or maybe waiting up till midnight to purchase digital and read it before comic book store opens? 

Just now, pjray55 said:

no, those would be unemployed biggest fans at a store who didn't hear about this on Tuesday and didn't pull the copies to sell on eBay

I know plenty of people who are employed that make it to comic book stores when they open. If someone really wants something they would make it work.

2 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

Or maybe waiting up till midnight to purchase digital and read it before comic book store opens? 

so the digital edition you bought had the 7 extra pages and you are confirming?

1 minute ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

This is a valid point.

very valid, you should add it to the article on your site so your readers who missed out can get the extra pages in the digital edition that were only in the variant

1 minute ago, pjray55 said:
3 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

This is a valid point.

very valid, you should add it to the article on your site so your readers who missed out can get the extra pages in the digital edition that were only in the variant

interesting

Never said I purchased it digitally. At midnight I was sleeping. Guess I'm not a big fan. I was just stating that 'number 1 true fans' that must read the content will do so as soon as they can...like getting it digital before shops are open.