• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

later tonight on eBay!

59 posts in this topic

That's a poor reason to end an auction.

It would have been interesting to see how much it went for.

my auctions are not for your amusement, and my reason was legit / maybe poor for you, but I'm not you

Nice ending to your auction....

read my PM....I don't list books just to end the auctions early for the heck of it :makepoint:

No, only when it's convenient for you. But I am sure you would be peeved if someone ended an auction early on a book you really wanted ...

read my PM....I don't list books just to end the auctions early for the heck of it :makepoint:

No, only when it's convenient for you. But I am sure you would be peeved if someone ended an auction early on a book you really wanted ...

At the end of the day, it's his book to do with as he pleases. But I do think it's a pretty thing to do (along with not accepting returns on non graded books). I doubt I would bid on any of his auctions in the future.

At the end of the day, it's his book to do with as he pleases. But I do think it's a pretty thing to do (along with not accepting returns on non graded books). I doubt I would bid on any of his auctions in the future.

I see no problem with what he did. He needed the funds to buy a book he planned on winning prior to the FF1 sale, however he unexpectedly was outbidded in the last several seconds. Now it would be pointless to sell the FF1 because he no longer needs the money to pay for the book.

CC

That's a poor reason to end an auction.

It would have been interesting to see how much it went for.

my auctions are not for your amusement, and my reason was legit / maybe poor for you, but I'm not you

Let's just say that I disagree with your assessment that you can end auctions early because you no longer need the money.

Also, I was attempting to be a bit tactful when I wrote that. I would have been a serious bidder on that book. Was I still the high bidder when you ended it?

And yes, I am not you.

I see no problem with what he did. He needed the funds to buy a book he planned on winning prior to the FF1 sale, however he unexpectedly was outbidded in the last several seconds. Now it would be pointless to sell the FF1 because he no longer needs the money to pay for the book.

CC

Hey CC, you and I will have to disagree about how the sequence of events ensued and what we both feel is right or not ...

Was I still the high bidder when you ended it?

No...I would NEVER do that to you or a fellow Boardie without checking with you 1st to explain the situation, and see how you felt about it......and if it would REALLY bother you, I would have just let it ride, and bite the bullet. (membership has its privelages, you know )

The high bidder at the time the auction was taken down emailed me to see what happened, I explained the situation as I did here, and he was perfectly fine with everything......in fact, we have a potential trade in the works as a result of this "almost sale"

So evidently, the only place this is a big deal or problem is here on the Boards.....suprise suprise

So evidently, the only place this is a big deal or problem is here on the Boards.....suprise suprise

And with that...the thread just got longer. lol

No dog in this hunt, but geez, I can certainly folks being disappointed when an auction for a book they really wanted is ended abruptly. The boards are the only place where they have a voice for it.

I would say it is a problem in more places than just here on the boards. I don't think it's as big a deal here on the boards as you would like to think, you're just being called out on it by a few people because it is contradictory to your own auction rules. I quoted the word serious in my first post in this thread because to me a serious seller doesn't list books for sale with out full intent to sell them.

That was a poor excuse to end the auction. You can justify it to yourself however you want. Logic would dictate that you win the Detective first and then sell the FF, especially if you had any real confidence at what the FF would sell for.

Actions like this will have a direct result on you auction results, wether you want to belive it or not. I for one will not waste time viewing, much less bidding, on anymore of your auctions, and I had a decent snipe set for the FF. I was also the under bidder on the TOS #39 you recently sold. Without my bid, that book would have sold for two bids less. A small amount overall, but a direct result on an auction that had less than stellar results in my opinion.

I would say it is a problem in more places than just here on the boards. I don't think it's as big a deal here on the boards as you would like to think, you're just being called out on it by a few people because it is contradictory to your own auction rules. I quoted the word serious in my first post in this thread because to me a serious seller doesn't list books for sale with out full intent to sell them.

That was a poor excuse to end the auction. You can justify it to yourself however you want. Logic would dictate that you win the Detective first and then sell the FF, especially if you had any real confidence at what the FF would sell for.

Actions like this will have a direct result on you auction results, wether you want to belive it or not. I for one will not waste time viewing, much less bidding, on anymore of your auctions, and I had a decent snipe set for the FF. I was also the under bidder on the TOS #39 you recently sold. Without my bid, that book would have sold for two bids less. A small amount overall, but a direct result on an auction that had less than stellar results in my opinion.

I'm surprised anyone bid on his TOS 39. No scans and no returns makes for a scam. Do you really think that the book was a 7.5?? It went for less than 1/2 of what Brent's graded 8.0 sold for. If it was really a 7.5, it would have been slabbed. Why leave money on the table? If he has to sell books to pay for other books, it does not seem logical to throw much needed $$$ out the window.

I'm surprised anyone bid on his TOS 39. No scans and no returns makes for a scam.

OK....here we go (didn't think Memorial Day would be consumed with this thread )

I agree with MCMiles' points after reading his post :foryou: , and it would be a shame if a cancelled auction caused me to lose him as a potential buyer in the future, but you fanfourever are completely out of line.....the words "scam" and showcase-4 do not go hand in hand, and you may not know who I am, but the members here that do, know how far off base you are. I sell a raw book instead of CGC graded, and it's a scam? Give me a break! Why don't you check the feedback the buyer just left me on that TOS 39, and come back here and prove you "scam" point. If not, you owe me a big apology. If anyone hurts my reputation here, it will be me.....not you

I'm surprised anyone bid on his TOS 39. No scans and no returns makes for a scam.

OK....here we go (didn't think Memorial Day would be consumed with this thread )

I agree with MCMiles' points after reading his post, and it would be a shame if a cancelled auction caused me to lose him as a potential buyer in the future, but you fanfourever are completely out of line.....the words "scam" and showcase-4 do not go hand in hand, and you may not know who I am, but the members here that do, know how far off base you are. I sell a raw book instead of CGC graded, and it's a scam? Give me a break! Why don't you check the feedback the buyer just left me on that TOS 39, and come back here and prove you "scam" point. If not, you owe me a big apology. If anyone hurts my reputation here, it will be me.....not you

I don't owe you anything. You sold a raw book with no scans (only pics) and have a no-returns policy. My opinion is that the book would most likely grade lower than the grade you assigned, based solely on the way the auction was set up. The buyer who left the feedback makes no mention in regards to grade. The less than stellar price received for the book leads me to believe that I am not the only one who felt this way.

I don't owe you anything. You sold a raw book with no scans (only pics) and have a no-returns policy. My opinion is that the book would most likely grade lower than the grade you assigned, based solely on the way the auction was set up. The buyer who left the feedback makes no mention in regards to grade. The less than stellar price received for the book leads me to believe that I am not the only one who felt this way.

OK fanfourever.....where is the "no return policy" ?? :whatev:

here is a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180237917644

I see you changed the wording in the second auction after the first one was canceled. Only return policy mentioned is in regards to resto. Still no policy in regards to overgrading. Here is your post from the TOS thread.

No returns for grading discrepancies?

there really shouldn't be any......a VF- is a VF- is a VF-

I have that wording in my auction to protect myself from potential attempted returns because someone is on over their head or find something else they like better 4 days later, and try to blame it on my grading as a scape goat. Hasn't happened yet, but it's a numbers game on eBay.....

I see you changed the wording in the second auction after the first one was canceled. Only return policy mentioned is in regards to resto. Still no policy in regards to overgrading. Here is your post from the TOS thread.

I have that wording in my auction to protect myself from potential attempted returns because someone is on over their head or find something else they like better 4 days later, and try to blame it on my grading as a scape goat. Hasn't happened yet, but it's a numbers game on eBay.....

yes....but when you pointed it out as "not right", I thought about it and removed the wording. I do not have unhappy buyers.....they can always return books if not " as described " , as long as their unhappiness is something reasonable and legit

yes....but when you pointed it out as "not right", I thought about it and removed the wording. I do not have unhappy buyers.....they can always return books if not " as described " , as long as their unhappiness is something reasonable and legit

If I win your auction and tell you your grade is off base and I want a refund, is that "legit"?

If I win your auction and tell you your grade is off base and I want a refund, is that "legit"?

now we are getting somewhere....that is a really good question. If you can clearly and logically show me, using Overstreet, CGC, or commonly accepted grading standards, that I missed something, and that my raw grading was not accurate....absolutely. But you must state your case well, so that I agree with you. ( I am reasonable and open minded when it comes to listening to mistakes I may have made....no one is perfect, including me )

I return raw books if they are improperly graded, and I would expect you to as well. As much as it seems like we are throwing stones at each other right now, I would not want you unhappy with any deal we did, and a return for a reasonable problem / disagreement would be fine....seriously

look, here on the Boards....this is all just :blahblah: :blahblah:

but in real life, if you or MCMiles sends me a check for $4,000.......we aren't finished a deal unless you are satisifed that you got exactly what you paid for....period