• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Daredevil trailer

68 posts in this topic

The one character I liked in the trailer is Kingpin. I believe he'll steal the show. Matt Murdock (Ben Aflick) looks like he's had a bad hair day, but his acting could be superior as ol' hornhead. I've never been much of a fan of the Miller DD's, always been a gene colan fan on the older DD's, including the Romita books as well. I bought all the Miller DD's, and have nice copies, but I've read them all & only had a few slabbed (9.4 to 9.6) I thought were worthy. I was fortunate enough (pure luck) to have sold them earlier in the year for top $.

She's not hot in the least, and her appeal is based on one thing only:

That red wig she wears on Alias.

I find Garner quite average looking, but slap that wig on her (or any other femme) and suddenly her heat level rises considerably. I actually used to watch some lame show a few year back, where the girl was nice, but she wore this wild blue wig... mmmmmm

I'm sure there's a genetic reason for this, but I'm not sure what.

I grade women on the Overstreet scale. I give Garner a 6.0, which makes her "Fine."

Remember, the average woman/comic is a Good 2.0 to a Very Good 4.0. A Fine is still quite pleasing to the eye!!!

I just don't get this. In what universe is Jennifer Garner hot?

I think she's sublime...a NM+ 9.6 in my book! She's tall, in amazing physical condition for her age (or any age), not surgically enhanced/pierced/tattooed (as far as I can tell), strong, well-spoken, yet with a girl-next-door charm, vulnerability and character.

Does she look like a Playboy Playmate or lingerie model? No, but beauty comes in different forms. And her winning combination of personality, intelligence, talent and wholesome appeal only serve to enhance her physical beauty in my eyes.

Physically beautiful women are everywhere (at least here in NYC and the other places I've lived in/been to) - it's the other factors (attitude, personality, etc.), as well as one's distinguishing imperfections, that separate the truly beautiful from just the superficially beautiful, IMHO.

Gene

I'm not comparing her to a Playboy playmate by any means - most of them are exceedingly boring. But I prefer a woman who doesn't look like you'd feel a leathery bag of bones in your arms when you gave her a hug. Jennifer Garner -- eeeeuuuuuhhh. *Sideshow Bob shudder*

As for that Overstreet scale - I *knew* there was something we left out of the Grading Guide! smile.gif

I think the DD trailer looks cool,Daredevil looks fine..faithful to the comic..better than black leather that he could be wearing.Bullseye's costume from the comics 2 film..they had to change that...do you prefer blue leather? I won't take in as much as spidey and won't be as good either but i think it'll be a cool action flick,just take it for what it is..as far as Kingpin goes...well Michael Duncan Clark is the only one big enough to be the Kingpin.i bet most of you thoought spider-man was gonna suck,now look at it....stop being so negitive. Kevin

"i bet most of you thoought spider-man was gonna suck,now look at it...."

Nope. I watched all the Spider-Man teasers and thought "This is gona ROCK!". I watched the new DD teaser and thought "This is gona SUCK!". You lose the bet. tongue.gif

I just have to agree. While I was guarded about Spider-Man, it looked damn close. This, however, looks really embarrassing on a few levels. But as we're always so quick on the Internet to judge before we actually see, I'll await the film before I make a determination.

But I suspect it will suck...oops... smile.gif

Oh, and just to keep things in perspective, I'm not a fan of Spider-Man or DD, but I am a fan of good movies. As a result my opinion isn't corrupted by any silly "fan-boy" mind set (like it was with X-Men grin.gif).

"i bet most of you thoought spider-man was gonna suck,now look at it...."

Nope. I watched all the Spider-Man teasers and thought "This is gona ROCK!".

I'm with you, OldGuy...even my non-comic collecting friends who tease me about my collecting habit were eagerly anticipating the Spidey movie after seeing the trailers.

I tend to doubt whether the DD trailers will elicit similar reactions...but I remain optimistic that the movie will be similar in quality to the "Blade" films (which were OK by me).

Gene

just drag the image into your address bar. It will display by itself regulr sized. It's saved by the bb software at that size (shuley didn't resize it.) You can do it with anyone's avatar if they just used a regular image and not an icon-sized one.