• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #48 CGC 9.6...and the feedback!

87 posts in this topic

The guy e-mailed you a cracked slab with no comic? Was the label still in the slab? I would love to see his response.

jduran1...name looks familiar...is he on the boards?

Key phrase was "lost my job"...he probably didn't have the book. I think he's going for broke.

Sorry...

I thought the scenario was about the seller sending the FF 48 to the buyer, who, upon reception of the book claimed that there was only an empty CGC case in the package and that the seller refused to help him. Correct me if I'm wrong....

geesh

out of curiousity, how did the seller respond? when you e-mail him something along the lines of 'dude, you shipped me a label, you f@ck!!!', what did he say? 'go file a claim' ? Also, how does ebay handle non-paypal disputes like this?

edit: oh, i thought he shipped YOU a broken label, not vice-versa. Hmmmm, now its even MORE interesting hm How can a seller prove he actually sent the item. Interesting...

I'm not sure the original poster was on either end of this transaction. He might have just been posting it because its a noteworthy sale gone bad.

Aside from that you should have a tracking number for a pricey item like that, to prove it was mailed. No Paypal coverage, so the only claim to be filed is with the carrier, assuming the book was insured. If it was sent with insurance and without tracking, thats just strange. Also no mention of weather or not there was any sign of forced entry into the box before it was recieved. If you got a sealed box and opened it at home you are going to have a hard time collecting the insurance. If it wasn't stolen or damaged in transit, just sent that way, then there is no one at all to file a claim with...

The guy e-mailed you a cracked slab with no comic? Was the label still in the slab? I would love to see his response.

Key phrase was "lost my job"...he probably didn't have the book. I think he's going for broke.

Sorry...

Yes, he is a board member and last posted about a week ago. I think I have bought from him in the past without incident. Maybe he is on the receiving end of the scam?

I believe you are correct.

The seller is a long time member here and I don't believe the poster of this thread was the buyer.

Sorry...

Yes, he is a board member and last posted about a week ago. I think I have bought from him in the past without incident. Maybe he is on the receiving end of the scam?

That's what I assumed.

I don't know either part buyer or seller , but I think it is a bit early to say who is scamming who .

It would be very easy for seller to send slab without book and put onus on buyer to claim , walk away with the money and the book , also be easy for buyer to claim non receipt after signing for package .

geesh

out of curiousity, how did the seller respond? when you e-mail him something along the lines of 'dude, you shipped me a label, you f@ck!!!', what did he say? 'go file a claim' ? Also, how does ebay handle non-paypal disputes like this?

edit: oh, i thought he shipped YOU a broken label, not vice-versa. Hmmmm, now its even MORE interesting hm How can a seller prove he actually sent the item. Interesting...

Well yea... if I know that I included the book in the box, I ask him if the box appeared to be tampered with, and if he says no then I say "Well, I shipped you the book. If you don't believe that, go talk to your local police department".

If he leaves me bad feedback there isn't much I can do.

If the buyer paid for insurance, and the book shows up, he signs for it, and there really is just a cracked slab in the box, he's wasting his time contacting the seller. No one who intercepted the book would put the slab back in the box and then continue delivery.

Frankly, the whole "He only sent me the slab" reeks of the buyer being the scammer to me. There isn't any advantage that I can think of to the seller doing that as part of a scam. Why not just weight the box so it feels like a slab is in there? A scammer seller pulls the book out of a slab that makes it extremely more valuable? Smells bad to me.

Verdict? Seller good, buyer scam artist.

Sorry...

That's what I assumed.

I'm thinking that too...

It would be great if we could get him here to iron this muck out...

:P

I thought the scenario was about the seller sending the FF 48 to the buyer, who, upon reception of the book claimed that there was only an empty CGC case in the package and that the seller refused to help him. Correct me if I'm wrong....

That's happening a lot on EBay since they required sellers to leave *only* positive feedback.

Sorry...

Didn't accept Paypal on this either. Jduran, where are you?