• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,461 posts in this topic

Ok, here is the beginning of the end: Bone #50. It started the 9th & final storyline, The Crown of Horns, and was the first of the character covers set against a black background. This was also the only issue in the entire regular series with a cover enhancement (red foil lettering on "Bone").

bone50cgc960148690003.jpg

Ok, here is the beginning of the end: Bone #50. It started the 9th & final storyline, The Crown of Horns, and was the first of the character covers set against a black background. This was also the only issue in the entire regular series with a cover enhancement (red foil lettering on "Bone").

Nice book! (thumbs u

beauuuuuuutiful

Why does the label say "Red Foil Edition" - there isn't a non-foil version, is there?

Great book, btw!

I need some help, and this would definitely be the place to ask!

What color logos go with the different printings of Bone #1?

I know Red is the 1st printing.

I'm pretty sure the Light Green is 2nd and Blue is 3rd, but I'm not sure because I've seen both colors sold as both printings on eBay, and MileHighComics.com doesn't even have the right color listed as a first printing, so I'm not taking anything from that site on this title as reliable.

Could anyone help, please? Thanks!

Why does the label say "Red Foil Edition" - there isn't a non-foil version, is there?

Great book, btw!

Yeah, that has puzzled me too considering I have yet to see a "regular edition". If anyone has a scan of this phantom book, please post...

I'm pretty sure the Light Green is 2nd and Blue is 3rd, but I'm not sure because I've seen both colors sold as both printings on eBay, and MileHighComics.com doesn't even have the right color listed as a first printing, so I'm not taking anything from that site on this title as reliable.

1st print = red

2nd print = light green

3rd print = light blue

4th print = yellow

5th print = orange

6th print = light pink/purple

7th print = dark green

And, oh, don't ever buy anything from Mile High :)

1st print = red

2nd print = light green

3rd print = light blue

4th print = yellow

5th print = orange

7th print = dark green

Thanks for the help!

And why the hell would I shop there?! Their prices are FLAT OUT HYSTERICAL! I not kidding when I say I laugh out loud when I seem them. I honestly don't see why people shop with there.

And how can a dealer as large as them not even have a critical piece of info correct on such a collectible issue? If I shelled out what they are listing as a asking price and got a 3rd printing, I'd be PISSED!

What printing is the darker blue/turquoise logo? Wizard showed this as a first printing, comicbook DB shows this as a first printing, Milehigh says its a second. I've only seen the red logo for the first. Were there two color logos for the first print? What is this?

2b337bdb-5c26-4746-a4ce-799e1e6ffa61.jpg

Edited by vacantpassenger

I thought this (the dark green) was the 7th?

6b1bf551-e634-4099-8c7d-8f4c48ca2ea7.jpg

Look at bomber-bob's post in this thread on 12/31. They look the same to me.

What's the date on the dark green?

Edited by docgo

docgo is correct - the turquoise/aqua color logo is also a 7th print (i've seen 7th printings in both colors).

8th print is purple, btw.

So the 7th Printing had a variant color ?!? This makes it tough for a completist !

I thought this (the dark green) was the 7th?

6b1bf551-e634-4099-8c7d-8f4c48ca2ea7.jpg

Look at bomber-bob's post in this thread on 12/31. They look the same to me.

What's the date on the dark green?

No idea.

The color is definitely different, but now at least I know that teal is the 7th now and not the dark green. I e-mailed the official bone site for some kind of verification, but haven't heard back yet.

1st print = red

2nd print = light green

3rd print = light blue

4th print = yellow

5th print = orange

7th print = dark green

this is correct