• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,319 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, sagii said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Think it' safe to say, this is now 'THE' Baker book 

I'm not really sure whether it actually is ahead of GCE 12 and CL 25.  We just see so few sales of higher-grade copies of these three books that it's tough to tell. 

3 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

The Baker crash is coming soon, but never fear...I will buy all your Baker books now for 10% of gpa.  This offer is good for the next 36 minutes...hm

Better list your TAR 42 for sale while there's still time!

Just now, domuhnator said:
49 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Someone paid $2,200 for a PLOD GCE 12 CGC 2.5.  Don't know if that's high or low these days. 

I bid it up to 2k, Very tough book to price.

I agree.  There were other people circling that book who couldn't quite pull the trigger.  It's one of those, "Man, am I ever going to get a copy of this?" books.

10 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I agree.  There were other people circling that book who couldn't quite pull the trigger.  It's one of those, "Man, am I ever going to get a copy of this?" books.

Yep, that was the only reason I went as high as I did. Once in a who knows how long kinda book.

1 hour ago, szavisca said:
5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I shall live with the regret of not buying the raw 3.5 that looked like a 4.5 On mycomicship a few months ago for 3k.  It actually sat for about a day surprisingly.

I think the ship just sailed on me ever getting this one... I don’t really wanna pay 3-4K for a junky looking 2.0.

I still don't have a copy of SS 4... and I'm ok with it.  For me, an intolerable situation would exist if SS 6 was the super valuable issue, and I still needed one of those.  Then, I'd be tearing out my hair right about now.   Like many others, SS 4 is a book I can be content worshipping from afar. 

:cloud9: 

ss6_CGC.jpg

1 minute ago, 29dukedog said:

Years ago I held that 8.5 in hand and could have had it for $9K. Looking at it now it looks more beautiful than ever. What a fool I be.

25 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

Years ago I held that 8.5 in hand and could have had it for $9K. Looking at it now it looks more beautiful than ever. What a fool I be.

Around 2000, I helped two buddies of mine each get an old label 9.0 copy for less than $2k a piece.

21 hours ago, domuhnator said:

I bid it up to 2k, Very tough book to price. 

Thanks a lot for that! :pullhair: I really dislike CC's extended bidding.  Really puts the hurt on the buyers.

Presented nicely, only minor color touch, and I needed a copy.

21 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I had my eye on that one.  

Hard to tell FMV on a book that rarely comes up for sale.  

Glad it went to a boardie. 

On 3/23/2018 at 7:11 PM, Yorick said:

Thanks a lot for that! :pullhair: I really dislike CC's extended bidding.  Really puts the hurt on the buyers.

Presented nicely, only minor color touch, and I needed a copy.

Sorry about that!

Yea I agree with you there. It seems to Squeak a few more $ Out of the buyer for sure.

But congrats anyways! Its a quite a book! Im more then a little jealous.

@RICK STARR that DS27 is a winner for me (I don't care what others think about those clouds...)!

That looks like a TLP10, not 11.  Must be a typo.  A better copy than mine.  Just hold off on making a registry set this year....(worship)

Edited by Yorick
Too late for that!

As expected, Bakers were rare at WonderCon - I bought several low-grade issues with the photo covers (I just wanted the Baker art), but did manage solid copies of Romantic Marriage 23 and True Love Pictorial 7.

Not high grade, but very presentable with nice colors and pages - just the way I like 'em! :)