• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,346 posts in this topic

I didn't realize WR #3 was so scarce. Robert and I had an interesting and near heated discussion as to the price for all three books. It was actually quite fun since I think we were both aware of the game we were playing and in the end we made a deal. I paid dearly, but not quite the 3X guide at which he had priced them.

With WR #3 being as ultra scarce as it is, you might just have the highest grade copy in existence. (BTW, I just checked and saw that Beerbohm still has those books listed in his eBay store...)

wr3.jpg

Not likely. I just checked and there's a 7.0 out there. The bottom edge on this copy probably keeps it under that.

With WR #3 being as ultra scarce as it is, you might just have the highest grade copy in existence. (BTW, I just checked and saw that Beerbohm still has those books listed in his eBay store...)

wr3.jpg

Not likely. I just checked and there's a 7.0 out there. The bottom edge on this copy probably keeps it under that.

Robert still has them listed on ebay. I'm glad you talked him down. He probably paid nothing for them.

Just started getting into these books. Here are my new additions :)

cgc2011157.jpg

cgc2011156.jpg

cgc2011155.jpg

cgc2011154.jpg

Congratulations!!!! Some of these look like they have really nice PQ.

Really? Damn, that's even on my saved search list.

I got lucky. It was a 3 day auction that ended at a weird time. The last copy I saw was on ComicConnect, slabbed 4.0. It went for 3X what I paid for this.

This was a nice Wartime Romances....it went higher than I expected...but it was a VF. Guess I keep looking :)

WartimeRomances3

Normally, it's hard to trust raw grades on eBay, for VF's generally arrive as F+ etc.

I was looking at a bunch of books by that seller because he was offering a vast amount of GA romance books lately. But check out his Feedback report. A lot of Negative's and Neutrals.

A very long time since I added a Matt Baker romance comic to my collection, but this is one I couldnt resist. It's an outsized issue which gives his artwork plenty of room to breath, and there are four masterfully rendered stories inside. As for the cover, I think it's one of the best in the run. As for scarcity? Maybe they are easier to track down if you live in America and can get to visit shows, but this is the first copy I've seen in 20 years of searching!

Teen-ageRomances1580.jpg

Very nice book, Michael. That seller has really been working through an exceptional romance collection. I wonder if we've seen the end of it, yet. Although, I don't think he's had any Cinderella Love, or Going Steady, or True Love Pictorial. I may have missed some, though.

I haven't added much to my Baker romance collection lately, either. Although, earlier this year, I did finally upgrade my TLP 11 to a copy more in line with the condition of the rest of my run. That's a tough nut, too.

tlp11.jpg

Very nice book, Michael. That seller has really been working through an exceptional romance collection. I wonder if we've seen the end of it, yet. Although, I don't think he's had any Cinderella Love, or Going Steady, or True Love Pictorial. I may have missed some, though.

I haven't added much to my Baker romance collection lately, either. Although, earlier this year, I did finally upgrade my TLP 11 to a copy more in line with the condition of the rest of my run. That's a tough nut, too.

tlp11.jpg

Great copy Rich - that one never turns up in grade!