• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Wow... that blog post almost makes me want to slab my copy, or at the very least, stop reading mine.

:eek:

I wouldn't worry, the reason the book fell apart was that it hadn't been stored properly by the former owner and the pages were brittle..a fact the seller had neglected to tell me.

I've read almost all the Marve keys and never had the slightest problem except this time.

I've read all my Spideys at one point or another (I'm 2 books shy of complete raw through #441) and never had a problem either. Kind of ironic that the one book I didn't read in the original is the AF 15, but if that is the tradeoff for owning one I will take it!

All raw? I like this guy !

Would love to see his goods.

:devil:

That's what she said! lol

:blush:lol

I think this is the deadest thread in Silver Age. Where is the love?

Considering how many views /posts it has in the short time it's been around, I'd argue the opposite. All threads have quiet times ;)

I didn't mean dead overall, I just meant it as one of those quiet times. I hadn't seen it go 24 hours without posts in the time I had been on (which is admittedly short). No offense meant! :foryou:

Oh no offense taken. I don't check this thread every day, but it does seem to hover around the top.

It didn't start being about the value of the book, but was meant to be a more "how did you acquire your copy" thread.

There have been some great stories on here and some beautiful copies.

Okay, who would have interest in an AF15 apparent 6.0? CGC supposedly shipped my lesser copy yesterday. I was trying to catch it to send to SDCC and now the Dragon Con for signing.

I'll try to find a buyer for it when I get it like this from CGC, but I had asked about a Stan Lee signature before. I can have that done next, but then it has to go through grading again(weird). Is anyone looking for a mid-grade copy? This has nice pages and the big flaw is the spine wear from opening it. I wish "whoever" hadn't trimmed the right edge, it didn't looked trimmed when I bought it.

AF15front60apparent.jpg

AF15rear60apparent.jpg

I have a few digital pictures I took just before sending it off, to show the trimmed edge which is hard to see. I'll post those when I make a sales thread for it.

On that note, I have this copy coming back from CGC shortly if anyone is interested - it presents really well!

Amazing Fantasy 15 8/62 Marvel Comics TRIMMED Apparent SS SA 5.0 OFF-WHITE SIGNED BY STAN LEE ON 7/24/10. Restoration includes: small amount of color touch on cover. (TOP & RIGHT EDGE TRIMMED) Stan Lee story

Steve Ditko art

Jack Kirby cover Origin & 1st appearance of Spider-Man

(Peter Parker).

1st appearance of Uncle Ben & Aunt May.

Yes Nick, and I was seriously thinking of placing mine there when there was only one other AF15. Now I can watch a PLOD 6.0 similar to mine go in that group. It should be interesting. I have a Fedex parcel to go pick up that should be my AF15 and ASM 1. I make a thread on it soon, or maybe both. Regards,