• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

AF 15 prices are falling on Comic Link.

HGer's will always demand their price. May be up or down temporarily, but in the long run, they hold their value.

Always have always will. :preach:

And make sure almost no chips...because collecting may change in the future even more. hm

I have not seen it. Man, it's a sooper copy!! I can't believe an AF15 lover has not clicked on the BIN yet.

(Let's see, do I need an extra copy?) hm

I just sold a 9.0 mod on ebay for $7750, for comparison sake

very good price for the buyer.

even better price for me, the seller...was just a couple of hundred off of the all time GPA high, and about 25-40% higher than any sale in the past 5 years...

but honestly, it was at about 7% of what an unrestored 9.0 would go for, so, I say it was a win/win for both the buyer and the seller (thumbs u

even better price for me, the seller...was just a couple of hundred off of the all time GPA high, and about 25-40% higher than any sale in the past 5 years...

but honestly, it was at about 7% of what an unrestored 9.0 would go for, so, I say it was a win/win for both the buyer and the seller (thumbs u

I agree Rick, with the unpredictable PLOD market. It was wise to set a high starting price, it could have sold much much lower if no one else was serious about it like the buyer.

:gossip: My 9.0 may also have helped it... you're welcome. Regards,

I agree Rick, with the unpredictable PLOD market. It was wise to set a high starting price, it could have sold much much lower if no one else was serious about it like the buyer.

:gossip: My 9.0 may also have helped it... you're welcome. Regards,

sweet...wasn't aware of your 9.0, but if it helped, cool!

AF 15 prices are falling on Comic Link.

No Spider-man movie since 2007, the time to buy is now, these will jump in price again 2012.

2c

I'm not sure the movie pushed these prices. It's Spider-Man, demand derives from more than just movie hype.

Didn't a 9.0 Extensive sell for $9k in the last Comic Link auction?

It was slight, I included the scan of it from ComicLink below. In my experience the amount of restoration isn't at all an indicator of how high it will go, i.e. extensive resto goes for less than slight, but I could be wrong, I haven't seen enough data in the Silver Age to know for sure. Gator as a Golden Age guy sees a lot more, he may think differently.

RAD6BC4A201083_165758.jpg

I bought that book for that because it was very slightly altered. It is as nice in structural integrity as any real HG book. My very rough ASM 1 feels like it's been rolled top to bottom, the back is broken per say, it's so flimsy in your hand. A lot of restored books have lots of unseen damage to the spine etc, which make it more fragile to handle.

no

It was slight, I included the scan of it from ComicLink below. In my experience the amount of restoration isn't at all an indicator of how high it will go, i.e. extensive resto goes for less than slight, but I could be wrong, I haven't seen enough data in the Silver Age to know for sure. Gator as a Golden Age guy sees a lot more, he may think differently.

RAD6BC4A201083_165758.jpg

ext will almost always sell for less than moderate, which will almost always sell less than slight, given that book is about the same visual grade for grade... reason, I suspect is that the less work nec. the better conditioned the book would have been to start with...

this is just a "general" range, but in my experience with restored books (and this is mainly GA, so not even sure how much translates over to SA, where plod seems much more frowned upon)

a slight 9.0 would have had to of been a 7.5 at worse, pre resto

a mod 9.0 would have had to of been at least a 6.0, pre restor

an ext 9.0 could have been as bad as a 3.0, pre resto

this is just a "general" range, but in my experience with restored books (and this is mainly GA, so not even sure how much translates over to SA, where plod seems much more frowned upon)

a slight 9.0 would have had to of been a 7.5 at worse, pre resto

a mod 9.0 would have had to of been at least a 6.0, pre restor

an ext 9.0 could have been as bad as a 3.0, pre resto

Silver is fairly easy to analyze because usually all that's ever restored are the megakeys. If you log into GPA right now and look at the prices for restored copies of AF15, FF1, Spidey 1, etc. and see that same trend you've seen in Gold, you're seeing something I overlooked, because prices are all over the place as far as I can tell without typing the numbers into Excel and charting them on slight, moderate, and extensive resto.