• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Well Shawn, I think at this point, I'm probably priced out altogether--maybe if I could find a half respectable 0.5 PR or a restored 1.0. However, I'm not really up for paying too much over GPA on it... so looks like my NY Post reprint is as good as it gets.

Hi, Could I seek your advice ? I have just been offered a amazing fantasy 15 in fine-vf grade but the owner informed me that the cover has been matched with the interior pages. if its around a 5.5- 6.0, would it be worth 9k ? Presume it would come back with a green qualified label. Havent seen the photos yet.

grateful for any advice.

thanks

Hi, Could I seek your advice ? I have just been offered a amazing fantasy 15 in fine-vf grade but the owner informed me that the cover has been matched with the interior pages. if its around a 5.5- 6.0, would it be worth 9k ? Presume it would come back with a green qualified label. Havent seen the photos yet.

grateful for any advice.

thanks

There is no telling with an AF15.

Personaly I don't know a lot about green or pruple lables. I would think a cover swap would count as restoration work and receiver a purple lable but again I don't know. Anyhow, I can't see spending 9k on either label in a 5.0-6.5 condition but that is just me.

There is currently a pair of AF15 6.5s that sold on Comiclink.

AF15 6.5 blue label sold for 16,919.00

AF15 6.5 purple label sold for 7,000.00

They could have started out with low BINs but I don't know.

Then there is an auction for a purple 6.0 that is having issues getting 5,000.00 while a pair of blue 4.0 are getting between 4,000.00 and 7,000.00.

AF15 6.0 purple label with a bid price of 4800.00 and asking price of 5000.00

AF15 4.0 blue label sold for 6,601.00

AF15 4.0 blue label sold for 4,199.00

Heck, they had 3.0 blue label sell for 4,600.00 but people are having issues sheeling out 5,0000.00 for a purple 6.0?

Now if I really didn't care about lables, I would take 5,000.00 and buy the restored 6.0 and use the other 4,000.00 on Gold or Silver Bullion 2c

QUESTION:

How much OVER GPA or OS prices would you pay for a low to midgrade (1.0 to 3.5) AF#15 at this point in time?

I've seen too many copies being advertised for at least 30% if not 50% or even...100% more than GPA/OS.

don't know about 3.5's or below, but the prices on this book on GPA in upper midgrade are lagging way behind the new reality. They still have a 7.0 top sale of $22,500 while there have been numerous sales in the $32K - $34K range in the past few months alone.

as it turns out none of these have been included in their database.

I find GPA to be a very worthwhile tool, but one has to be careful and at a minimum check out the Clink (non-auction) results to get a better overall current pricing picture.

grateful for any advice.

thanks

There is no telling with an AF15.

Personaly I don't know a lot about green or pruple lables. I would think a cover swap would count as restoration work and receiver a purple lable but again I don't know. Anyhow, I can't see spending 9k on either label in a 5.0-6.5 condition but that is just me.

There is currently a pair of AF15 6.5s that sold on Comiclink.

AF15 6.5 blue label sold for 16,919.00

AF15 6.5 purple label sold for 7,000.00

They could have started out with low BINs but I don't know.

Then there is an auction for a purple 6.0 that is having issues getting 5,000.00 while a pair of blue 4.0 are getting between 4,000.00 and 7,000.00.

AF15 6.0 purple label with a bid price of 4800.00 and asking price of 5000.00

AF15 4.0 blue label sold for 6,601.00

AF15 4.0 blue label sold for 4,199.00

Heck, they had 3.0 blue label sell for 4,600.00 but people are having issues sheeling out 5,0000.00 for a purple 6.0?

Now if I really didn't care about lables, I would take 5,000.00 and buy the restored 6.0 and use the other 4,000.00 on Gold or Silver Bullion 2c

Generally, how much a restored book will go for often depends on two things: 1) can the resto be removed (or does it have a shot) and 2) how extensive is it... if it is minor, many people will find that far more tolerable. I'm certainly one of them. I think restored books with slight (P) are some of the best bargains out there.

I suspect the real value of an unrestored AF 15 6.5 is roughly $22k right now, possibly $25k+

Should a restored copy with slight P really only sell for 20%? Right now the answer might be yes, but over time, I think that it's closer to a 35% of FMV value book. I could be totally wrong of course... but really, restored books are so out of favor right now, I'm not sure it's truly justified.

Okay, here's my grail. Proud owner for over 5 years. Bought it raw, just got it slabbed (i'm sure I'll get backlash for the PGX label) but hey don't blame the book who had no say in the matter. Considering it already has extensive restoration, maybe I'll send it into Matt Nelson some day then CGC it. Anyway, here's copy.

Picture059.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture062.jpg

If anyone wants to join this club, we have 4 chances coming up in the ComicConnect Event auction which begins Sunday 09/14.

1. Amazing Fantasy #15 Unrestored CGC 8.5 VF+ ow pages (just as nice as the CGC 9.2 NM- we sold several years ago) NO RESERVE

2. Amazing Fantasy #15 Unrestored CGC 6.5 FN+ ow pages NO RESERVE

3. Amazing Fantasy #15 Unrestored CGC 3.5 VG- ow pages

4. Amazing Fantasy #15 VG with color touch

Good Luck!

C.C.

If anyone wants to join this club, we have 4 chances coming up in the ComicConnect Event auction which begins Sunday 09/14.

1. Amazing Fantasy #15 Unrestored CGC 8.5 VF+ ow pages (just as nice as the CGC 9.2 NM- we sold several years ago) NO RESERVE

2. Amazing Fantasy #15 Unrestored CGC 6.5 FN+ ow pages NO RESERVE

3. Amazing Fantasy #15 Unrestored CGC 3.5 VG- ow pages

4. Amazing Fantasy #15 VG with color touch

Good Luck!

C.C.

Are they free chances? Like a raffle? If so, I'm in like a fat kid at a twinkie eating contest. :grin:

You guys need to get some more low grades in for us bottom feeders!