• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I guess I belong in the club with my copy that I picked up with a large collection.

No plan on selling it right now, but every now and then the thought crosses my mind, and I quickly erase it.

It screams Silver Age here I come.

Always happy to share it. :acclaim:

Just got notice that CGC says it's a blue label. :banana:...no grade yet.

65476.jpg.297a2b5f6c851ccdd4c3b90e267e2505.jpg

65477.jpg.f465586589a65126bebf0a5ad34fd85c.jpg

Collin, what grade do you think you'll get? Looks somewhere around a GD- (on a real conservative day) to a solid GD.

And if you ever DO fail to erase that thought, you let me know, ok?-)

I was guessing 1.5.....but it's not what I say anymore...we'll see what CGC says in a month or so? (shrug) It could easily get a 1.8 like the Hulk 1 I had did (I graded that one as a Fair (1.0) as the spine was completely taped. Little did I know CGC didn't mind that as much as I did.

Yowza... :o

This one didn't last long.

Pedigree AF15 7.0

AF 15 continues to go up. AF 15 is better than compounding interest. what would have been the better investment 5 years ago? 1 copy of action comics 1 at cgc 7 blue label or 5 copies of AF 15 at cgc 7 blue label? interesting if someone got the data.

No, didn't want to pay $1k for it--otherwise I'd have dropped $1k on this one. Naw, I put a bid in but not past a certain acceptable point. So it goes.

Personally, i think your approach is a fine one. Someday you will be rewarded for your patience........... :wishluck:

Guys... I need some thoughts with regards to restored values of AF 15. I know Matt Nelson has a chart on his Classics Inc. website listing his guidelines for valuing restored books, but from the dealers I've spoken to and the sales I've seen, this doesn't always seem to hold true for the keys--especially books like AF 15. Without going too far into specifics...could you guys give me your thoughts on values for the following books?

Slight Apparent 2.0

Slight Apparent 2.5

Slight Apparent 3.0

Moderate Apparent 2.0

Moderate Apparent 2.5

Moderate Apparent 3.0

Thanks for the help guys!

hm 1.5 would be a pretty hard hit if you ask me. Granted, I'm looking at a scan, and maybe I'm missing something by not having it in hand, but I think you'll have a good shot at nailing at least a GD-

Well Mr. Mac Man....as you know, you nailed it as it got a CGC 1.8 OW pages Blue Lable. :cloud9:

hm 1.5 would be a pretty hard hit if you ask me. Granted, I'm looking at a scan, and maybe I'm missing something by not having it in hand, but I think you'll have a good shot at nailing at least a GD-

Well Mr. Mac Man....as you know, you nailed it as it got a CGC 1.8 OW pages Blue Lable. :cloud9:

What can I say? I know my low grade ladies ;)