• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Hey guys sorry posting through my phone. What do you guys think of the cgc 3.0 AF15 on ebay? Is it legit I was thinking of buying it for my upgrade but seller has a small history and I asked him what the page quality was and he responded he's not sure what I am talking about? Below link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-unrestored-CGC-3-0?item=220994366960&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7669718744171072913

Hey guys sorry posting through my phone. What do you guys think of the cgc 3.0 AF15 on ebay? Is it legit I was thinking of buying it for my upgrade but seller has a small history and I asked him what the page quality was and he responded he's not sure what I am talking about? Below link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-unrestored-CGC-3-0?item=220994366960&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7669718744171072913

Page quality is cream-to-off-white. Says it on the CGC label. Book is legit as it is encased in a CGC slab.

Well on the negative his feedback is low.

But he did just recently get positive feedback on a Golden Age Captain America comic.

I would send the winner of the Cap book a quick message asking if there was anything strange about the auction or the seller.

Or ask the seller if you and him can talk on the phone about the book....

It's a lot of money to give to a guy that has sold one item on ebay.

Thanks alot guys it does bother me since his feedback is very low I asked the question of the page quality just to see his response. I knew it was cream to off white. But his response was still bad. Maybe he doesn't know...or maybe worse either way ill try to get him to talk on the phone good advice.

Anyone have any idea what my AF 15 would grade at? I read it (couldn't wait to do that! Some nice other stories in there! Martians etc!)

Anyway, the staples were rusty and turned to dust and detached from the front cover but still attached on back.

Goodnewsis I don't think it's trimmed at all, just miscut. Also, I don't feel any colortouch or seeany obvious when held up to the light (I haven't blacklighted it though). So, thegoodnews is I don't think it's restored. :whee:

But I'd Imagine the book is only a 1.8 at best? Maybe it's a 1.0 fair? I'm not that good at grading fairs goods and poors!

Did you notice that he sold it raw and it was returned?

Raw AF15 2-13-12 Sale for $5600

I'm guessing it was because he severely overgraded it. He had it listed as 4.0 to 6.0.

Good news, in the sense that you know he almost certainly "has" the book.

Anyone have any idea what my AF 15 would grade at? I read it (couldn't wait to do that! Some nice other stories in there! Martians etc!)

Anyway, the staples were rusty and turned to dust and detached from the front cover but still attached on back.

Goodnewsis I don't think it's trimmed at all, just miscut. Also, I don't feel any colortouch or seeany obvious when held up to the light (I haven't blacklighted it though). So, thegoodnews is I don't think it's restored. :whee:

But I'd Imagine the book is only a 1.8 at best? Maybe it's a 1.0 fair? I'm not that good at grading fairs goods and poors!

Why don't you post it under the "buddy can you spare a grade" thread on these forums. You will get a lot of response, AF15 is a great book to critique.

Why don't you post it under the "buddy can you spare a grade" thread on these forums. You will get a lot of response, AF15 is a great book to critique.

ok will do!

Another bijoubaby05 flip in progress.

I thought I recognized this book.

Amazing Fantasy #15 1962 Grade: 3.5 Complete! 1st Spider-Man Original

Photobucket

Here's the same book I saw back in February.

Amazing Fantasy #15 GDVG Ditko Kirby 1st Spider-Man Super Bright

Photobucket

Nothing super-dishonest going on, although he makes no mention of the "1/2" tear through book."

So now we know one of his buying accounts - stames1000

Buying Account: stames1000 FeedbackAsBuyer

njpower2000 left him feedback on Feb-20-12 07:17 for the above AF15

Photobucket

Wish I could see listings older than 90 days!

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121216&lotNo=13021

Any thoughts on what this book will close at?

Not the best looking 4.0. I would actually be scared to resubmit it.

Wont break $7k :preach:

If it does I'm gonna fall off my chair.... or if I'm mid gulp, spit out my water all over my desk!

Need some help up? :roflmao:

Another bijoubaby05 flip in progress.

I thought I recognized this book.

Amazing Fantasy #15 1962 Grade: 3.5 Complete! 1st Spider-Man Original

Photobucket

Here's the same book I saw back in February.

Amazing Fantasy #15 GDVG Ditko Kirby 1st Spider-Man Super Bright

Photobucket

Nothing super-dishonest going on, although he makes no mention of the "1/2" tear through book."

So now we know one of his buying accounts - stames1000

Buying Account: stames1000 FeedbackAsBuyer

njpower2000 left him feedback on Feb-20-12 07:17 for the above AF15

Photobucket

Wish I could see listings older than 90 days!

:D

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

I can't make sense of the math equasion on the cover hm

I can't either. hm

Must be that "new" math.

That's AF15 math. No matter what the number is....a premium must be added onto it.

:)

I can't either. hm

Must be that "new" math.

That's AF15 math. No matter what the number is....a premium must be added onto it.

:)

So the OO was not a math wiz, but at least he had good taste in comics.

I can't either. hm

Must be that "new" math.

The equation is legit, it's just a bit hard to read... The first # appears to clearly be 30, and the answer 750, so with a multiplication sign added into the mix, that would put the second number at 25, and if you squint just right, you can make out the "5" in the "25"...