• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I am officially in the hunt again for another copy...

I will post a WTB thread later or tomorrow as I am very specific with what I am looking for. Just so you know I am looking for a 4.5-5.0 and possibly a 5.5

I saw the 4.5 and it presents very well for the grade. I am just not into the signature series thing on the keys.

This is my 3.5 copy and I am open to buying another at a higher grade.

Two questions:

1 - What do you think of my 3.5?

2 - Should I simply be happy with it as one of the better 3.5's or should I pursue a higher grade?

Here are pics of mine... I trust you guys. PeterLovesGwen... if you do not see this I may be PMing you. After seeing your collection, I trust your opinion.

100_5336.jpg

100_5335.jpg

100_5331.jpg

100_5332.jpg

100_5333.jpg

100_5334.jpg

100_5330.jpg

My opinion is its a fantastic 3.5. Most of the damage on the back, excellent spine besides the top split...no marvel chopping...great presentation. I'd love to own it

Congrats

My opinion is its a fantastic 3.5. Most of the damage on the back, excellent spine besides the top split...no marvel chopping...great presentation. I'd love to own it

Congrats

+1

It's going to be VERY hard to get a 3.5 with more eye appeal. Great book, Andrew. Even if you updgrade, I'd keep this copy. Can't go wrong with holding a mini-hoard of AF #15s. :grin:

Ditto. Andrew that is the best kind to have, it presents really well and will be easier to sell later.

For the lower grades you worry about the condition of the spine and PQ, for handling it. But of course almost all of them now are in slabs, so that's not as big of a problem as it was before CGC.

That's a great 3.5 copy, it looks like most 5's or 6's in a picture. Well done.

The market for comics is strong as we all know. I think for later resale people should consider potential prices later.

How hard is it to buy or sell a $1000-$5000 book now? The AF 15 is an oddity, people will pay much more without thinking about it, rather than spending the same amount for a normal book.

But 10-20 years from now, how hard will it be to buy or sell the same condition books if they cost four times as much? My suggestion is to try to stay within a range of price which is easier to sell later on.

That's why I think investing in multiple copies would be better than trading up to get one really expensive copy. Selling a $50k book is not the same as selling a lot of $5k books.

I'm building the collection that I couldn't find as a teenager. If it was just as an investment, I'd be buying only the big key books, and lots of them. I'd have several AF 15's, JIM 83's, Hulk 1's, Avengers 1's, X-Men 1's etc. Having tons of those in a price range that is easy to sell would be much better than one super expensive book, or a collection full of non keys.

That's my rant about what I see wrong with my collecting goals. I didn't do it for the money, though I told myself that I did. Regards,

Congrats

+1

It's going to be VERY hard to get a 3.5 with more eye appeal. Great book, Andrew. Even if you updgrade, I'd keep this copy. Can't go wrong with holding a mini-hoard of AF #15s. :grin:

Ditto. Andrew that is the best kind to have, it presents really well and will be easier to sell later.

For the lower grades you worry about the condition of the spine and PQ, for handling it. But of course almost all of them now are in slabs, so that's not as big of a problem as it was before CGC.

That's a great 3.5 copy, it looks like most 5's or 6's in a picture. Well done.

Thanks

I am definitely keeping the 3.5. It was suggested to me to resubmit it but I can see where they got the 3.5 from and would hate to see it brought down to a 3.0.

The thought that I am tossing around is whether or not to pick up another copy in the 4.5-5.5 range before the prices completely escape my wallet's ability. I agree with the assessment of a fluctuating market and have always held the same opinion that it is easier to see 10 $5000 books than a single $50,000 book. Almost everything I buy though is for me and is not for sale.

Thanks again and I welcome any and all opinions and words of wisdom.