• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Consider me in the n'hood tree-house club...

why does the pages look so much better then the late 70`s to mid 80`s comics?

was better newsprint used?

On the contrary, the page quality on AF15s are normally cream, off white, etc. Marvel used the worst paper quality for the AFseries due to declining sales, newer series (FF), etc. AF15 was the last in a dying series so they probably threw in the kitchen sink.

This book has extraordinary page quality and is one of a few White Page CGC copies. And very little transfer stain on the inside cover which accounts for the boldness & sharpness of the black print on the inside cover. Although a 6.0, it has the nicest insides I've seen on an AF15. Very well taken care of.

See scans for the CGC and raw versions. Thanks for asking.

77860.jpg.2f864663d6be801feb1ee511b3df8008.jpg

77861.jpg.d4cfa4a695fc7fb4d3b6f917602ba77b.jpg

Well, for what it's worth, I'd say if you can get the owner to do time payments for an event $4k... I think that's a safe bet esp. when looking back 20 years down the road from now. The book is seeing a SLIGHT dip in values but we're also in a recession right now. Now, I don't think we'll see the pre-recession price explosion, but I think this book is on its way toward reaching the near-untouchable stratosphere (for normal collectors). You really need to move to the Golden Age to find books more valuable, and the fact it is more readily available than some of the other mega-keys is probably one of the few reasons it hasn't gone up more. 2c

oh, yeah, that too along with a hot water heater that decided to take a dump!

That happened to me last November. Just paid the bill with my tax refund. Alas, I really didn't need any more comics.

:frustrated:

That's what everyone says (Alas, I really didn't need any more comics.) , but they buy more books anyway! It's like an addiction. lol

they are all unrestored blue labels with cream to offwhite pages. As a side note I also have 4 1st printings turtles 1 in 7.5/7/7/6. Pics will follow for all the above statements in a few days. Consolidated all my comics via selling for these 2 grails.