• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I think the 7.0 on Clink looks much better than the Heritage one too. Didn't like that crease line on the heritage copy

Plus, the C-Link PQ is much better I think (of course I'm biased...I won the book!)

:banana:

I think the 7.0 on Clink looks much better than the Heritage one too. Didn't like that crease line on the heritage copy

Plus, the C-Link PQ is much better I think (of course I'm biased...I won the book!)

:applause:

You lucky dog you!!! That 7.0 is probably the best 7.0 I've seen. I think it has a shot at a 7.5 if resubbed

You lucky dog you!!! That 7.0 is probably the best 7.0 I've seen. I think it has a shot at a 7.5 if resubbed

I agree. I watched this rascal from the get go. I begged and pleaded with the misses all week.

With my "10 seconds to go" high bid, no way this puppy doesn't land in Arkansas.

Thanks.

I agree. I watched this rascal from the get go. I begged and pleaded with the misses all week.

With my "10 seconds to go" high bid, no way this puppy doesn't land in Arkansas.

Thanks.

You must have screamed with joy when it ended. :whee::cloud9:

Thanks.

You must have screamed with joy when it ended. :whee::cloud9:

I thought it would go in the 30s (at least C-Link advised me to bid accordingly).

Hope C-Link takes pennies...Anyone got any spare coin wrappers ?

:jokealert:

Well then this was a STEAL! A straight resub would probably at least garner OW or OW/W pages...

Amazing Fantasy #15 (Marvel, 1962) CGC VF 8.0 Cream to off-white pages....

Sold for: $52,281.25 (includes BP )

Bid Source: HA.com/Live

I would've bid this higher, but I thought the auction ended Friday. meh

by the way I am curious why you think a resub would get the PQ from cream/ow to a better quality?

not that i can tell between cream or ow, but I didn't know resub "might" get a bump in PQ.

I am color blind to a certain degree so unless something is white or tan, the in between stuff look all the same to me.

Well then this was a STEAL! A straight resub would probably at least garner OW or OW/W pages...

I thought so too. In my mind, I thought only Day 1 featured the Golden Age books then Day 2 would be Silver Age. Glad I checked out the auction schedule for the SA books, like it meant anything to me because I didn't bid at all lol

I thought so too. In my mind, I thought only Day 1 featured the Golden Age books then Day 2 would be Silver Age. Glad I checked out the auction schedule for the SA books, like it meant anything to me because I didn't bid at all lol

Actually, I take it back, I forgot about this book. If you look at the scan, it has a bunch of Marvel chipping on the right edge, more than I've ever seen on an 8.0. This book looked more like a 7.0 to me, with 7.5 being a stretch, and I expected it to go cheaply. Here's the large scan that shows it pretty clearly:

large scan

Wow I am amazed at the prices for even a mid-grade Amazing Fantasy #15. I understand it, but am amazed at the same time. Looks like a 7.0 worth way, way, way more than I make in a year. I could buy a very nice car with that money. Though I understand it. First appearance of Spider-man, and there are only 91 copies known to exist at the moment.

I'm sure that there are many more copies than 91. The difference with this book, however, is that there is even more demand.
well, that is relative... at any given point in time, you can likely find 10-20 copies of AF 15 minimum for sale or auction in the market place, admittedly more in the low grade range... the key is that demand at "price X" exceeds supply at price X , but most folks price at some multiple of "price X" thus leaving a myriad of copies available at any one time

that is the difference between a scarce "in demand" book and just an "in demand" book (thumbs u

I'm sure that there are many more copies than 91. The difference with this book, however, is that there is even more demand.
well, that is relative... at any given point in time, you can likely find 10-20 copies of AF 15 minimum for sale or auction in the market place, admittedly more in the low grade range... the key is that demand at "price X" exceeds supply at price X , but most folks price at some multiple of "price X" thus leaving a myriad of copies available at any one time

that is the difference between a scarce "in demand" book and just an "in demand" book (thumbs u

hm

Hey guys, this is why I buy the book and NOT the label. This book appears MUCH better than the assigned grade. Note the 3rd scan and the spine condition. PQ is not darker at the top as the scan appears. Just won from C-Link.

The book is much better than my 6.0 copy. Gorgeous !

90065.jpg.da64b1ecfa6e7e0341250428836297dd.jpg

90066.jpg.60220e2966193f51023baedc0fe88ba5.jpg

90067.jpg.ea7cd434bec2e87e63e2a8d2517dab6b.jpg

90068.jpg.736993609a0ecfa4d8a2faa826357b00.jpg

Hey guys, this is why I buy the book and NOT the label. This book appears MUCH better than the assigned grade. Note the 3rd scan and the spine condition. PQ is not darker at the top as the scan appears. Just won from C-Link.

The book is much better than my 6.0 copy. Gorgeous !

Very gorgeous and awesome 7.0. Have you called CGC for the grader's note?