• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Hey AF15 guys don't feel so bad, there hasn't been a response after 6 hours. So nobody agrees AF15 will appreciate? Have faith in asm and the hobby!

Lets get those responses on estimates for next Overstreet Price Guide 9.2 values for af15, jim83,tos39,ff1,hulk1, tta27, xmen1,avengers 1 etc

I heard the same thing about SM4. Looks like Raimi isn't giving in this time, nor is the rest of the cast, since they all walked off the set. So, reboot it is. I don't think it makes much of a difference if there's another movie or not, since Spiderman is the king of the Marvel universe anyhow. Total cash cow on his own. STILL looking for a nice copy of AF15!

Hey AF15 guys don't feel so bad, there hasn't been a response after 6 hours. So nobody agrees AF15 will appreciate? Have faith in asm and the hobby!

Lets get those responses on estimates for next Overstreet Price Guide 9.2 values for af15, jim83,tos39,ff1,hulk1, tta27, xmen1,avengers 1 etc

Why not start a thread on that :makepoint:

Why not start a thread on that :makepoint:

:roflmao:

Lets get back to subject of what people expect 9.2 prices to be on OSPG #40 for marvel and dc mega top 20 silver age keys.

HERE IS MY TAKE ON 9.2 PRICES AND THIS IS VERY LIKELY

AF15 $80,000

FF1 $55,000

FF5 $12,000

ASM1 $50,000

AVENGERS 1 $10,000 (I know you expected this to go up to $15,000 but no it didn't and I feel sorry for those who paid $4K for a 6.0)

X-MEN 1 $25,000

HULK 1 $45,000

JIM 83 $25,000

TOS 39 $20,000

SHOWCASE 22 $13,000

BB28 $14,000

FLASH 105 $15,000

SHOWCASE 4 $50,000

SHOWCASE 8 $20,000

SHOWCASE 9 $12,000

TTA 27 $12,000

GREEN LANTERN 1 $11,500

ADVENTURE 247 $13,000

well, it is too difficult to predict really imho because GPA and OSPG don't really match well for key books. OSPG is too conservative on many of the books on your list in the 9.0 plus range. I know you are asking for projection of what OSPG will bump but in the end how many use that as a measure to buy or sell for the high to ultra high grade key books?

as far as the X-men, I don't really care what OSPG says because above 8.5, in the 9.0 or higher range, only a handful of books change hand every year so it is really not a worth while sampling even using GPA. What we do know is that particular book in the high grade is consistently above OSPG in any auctions.

We know a recent X-men 1 9.0 was sold for $22k, one is up at CLink at the Jan auction and that one is already at $21k, is $25k possible? maybe

a 9.2 selling at OSPG is impossible...I will buy it if anyone is willing to sell it to me at that price. I don't even care what it will be in the next OSPG, but I am offering right now that I will pay WHATEVER OSPG will list it at...and I will get no taker on this offer...because it will be below GPA, not just below but 5 figures below GPA.

well, I just follow the X-men high grade closely because that is the book for me. I can't say about the rest of the books on your list so it would be interesting to see what others will say. I don't follow the rest, even AF 15 closely enough to say much but if I have to guess, I would say the majority of the books on your list above would sell above OSPG without a problem, especially at 9.2 and above.

ur right but that list above is what i predict OSPG will show. This will of course always differ from GPA, ebay etc as u well know. I'm surprised not many other silver age collectors have responded to this? Is it just me and u always on this chat thread.

Not on topic with the current discussion but I do have some great news.

I talked to CGC customer service earlier today and they let me know that my AF #15 was on the way. They actually tried to deliver it to my house during the day but I was at work and couldn't be there to sign for it.

I'm going to pick it up at the post office tomorrow and will be sure to share it with everyone as soon as I can.

Also, I wanted to respond to the question regarding the estimated number of AF #15's in existance.

CGC has graded 1,287 copies (825 being unrestored)

PGX has graded 44 copies (34 being unrestored)

That's a total of 1,331 graded copies to date. I'm going to just throw out a rough estimation and say that 1,200 individual books have been slabbed (acounting for re-submissions).

Now, I've noticed that slabbed copies show up for auction on eBay far more than raw.

Now, I'm not saying that the percentage of slabbed vs. raw that we're seeing on the internet is an accurate representation of the amount actually slabbed vs. graded in existance. But it does say something.

A quick look on eBay displayed 13 graded copies to 2 raw copies currently up for sale/auction. Metropolis is split even right now with 5 graded copies and 5 raw copies for sale.

While it seems as though slabbed copies are far more common to be offered up for sale online, you have to consider the number of copies in private collections that might be owned by collectors who have never owned (or have cared to own) a slabbed copy in their life.

I'm guessing that there are more raw copies than graded even if the internet doesn't reflect that figure, I think it's reasonable.

If there were 2 raw copies for every slabbed copy, that would bring us to about 2,400 raw copies in addition to 1,200 slabbed copies = 3,600?

Lets make it, 3,500-4,000?

That's a good point you have here. The numbers are a lot lower when you look at 6.0s and above

Unrestored blue with no marvel chipping

Also, I wanted to respond to the question regarding the estimated number of AF #15's in existance.

CGC has graded 1,287 copies (825 being unrestored)

PGX has graded 44 copies (34 being unrestored)

That's a total of 1,331 graded copies to date. I'm going to just throw out a rough estimation and say that 1,200 individual books have been slabbed (acounting for re-submissions).

Now, I've noticed that slabbed copies show up for auction on eBay far more than raw.

Now, I'm not saying that the percentage of slabbed vs. raw that we're seeing on the internet is an accurate representation of the amount actually slabbed vs. graded in existance. But it does say something.

A quick look on eBay displayed 13 graded copies to 2 raw copies currently up for sale/auction. Metropolis is split even right now with 5 graded copies and 5 raw copies for sale.

While it seems as though slabbed copies are far more common to be offered up for sale online, you have to consider the number of copies in private collections that might be owned by collectors who have never owned (or have cared to own) a slabbed copy in their life.

I'm guessing that there are more raw copies than graded even if the internet doesn't reflect that figure, I think it's reasonable.

If there were 2 raw copies for every slabbed copy, that would bring us to about 2,400 raw copies in addition to 1,200 slabbed copies = 3,600?

Lets make it, 3,500-4,000?

I talked to CGC customer service earlier today and they let me know that my AF #15 was on the way. They actually tried to deliver it to my house during the day but I was at work and couldn't be there to sign for it.

I'm going to pick it up at the post office tomorrow and will be sure to share it with everyone as soon as I can.

I think it's very much on-topic, as this thread was created for people to show off their AF15s... and show pics, lots of pics :wishluck:

I bet you were cursing you weren't home when they tried to deliver it...yet another day of waiting :grin:

I think it's very much on-topic, as this thread was created for people to show off their AF15s... and show pics, lots of pics :wishluck:

I bet you were cursing you weren't home when they tried to deliver it...yet another day of waiting :grin:

Yes, this thread was created for posts just like yours. How you received the book, the story behind it, the little stuff like awaiting for it to arrive in the mail.

It's all AF 15, all the time.