• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

AF15'ers, I just got the 7.5 in. The pages and covers (look at the splash inside cover scan) are WHITE. The pages are NOT discolored at the top in the scans. Somehow, the scans darken a tad up there. Book is very fresh with ultra clean grays. Does have some spine wear...Enjoy the scans !

I'm so happy with it! :banana::banana:

That is one BEAUUUUTIFUL book, my little Arkansas buddy.

:applause:

AF15'ers, I just got the 7.5 in. The pages and covers (look at the splash inside cover scan) are WHITE. The pages are NOT discolored at the top in the scans. Somehow, the scans darken a tad up there. Book is very fresh with ultra clean grays. Does have some spine wear...Enjoy the scans !

93971.jpg

It is such a pleasure to see such a clean and fresh copy. This is your first <3 and I'm glad you found it. This copy has to be one of best overall copy in existence. Congrats and enjoy your new found love. :cloud9:

Little you say? Here is 275 lbs of a South AR home-grown country boy...

93978.jpg.b457a10e3865e8b234484b6bb09460e9.jpg

Thank you Rich & Roy.

The paper is brand new so to speak cover to cover. :acclaim:

And enjoy yours too Rich !!

By the way, I'm STILL in the 22 club...

:acclaim:

Your 7.5 is still there...so you are still in the 22 club. Not unless your down grading for another copy or upgrading, but that is not you. There is no other 6.0+ off-white to white+ SC22 besides your copy in the marketplace. hm

Maybe you can scare Roy with your Halloween Frankenstein costume. lol

Dayum. Remind me not to get you too drunk to walk when I come to Ak! I couldn't carry you home if I tried with all my heart!

lol

Dayum. Remind me not to get you too drunk to walk when I come to Ak! I couldn't carry you home if I tried with all my heart!

lol

lol

Hi people, just wanted to repost my AF15 image which was originally on page 91 of this super thread. The original post of it somehow got deleted from photobucket.

I love seeing everybodies scans no matter the grade and keeping up with the market values. Top site. scan0001jpg.jpg[/img]

Hi people, just wanted to repost my AF15 image which was originally on page 91 of this super thread. The original post of it somehow got deleted from photobucket.

I love seeing everybodies scans no matter the grade and keeping up with the market values. Top site. scan0001jpg.jpg[/img]

:headbang:

:headbang:

Nice copy

You ain't seen nothing yet so join this club now, AF15s are way undervalued and will rise in multiples soon. ALL GRADES. Not just the 6.0's and up which Spiderturtle is holding.

Alot of people make 20K a month now, ie stock traders, physicians, doctors etc so these hungry collectors and millions of spiderman fans need the holy grail. So spending 2 weeks worth of their time for $10K is worth a cgc 5.0 af15 anyday.

Not enough supply as there is 100 million+ collectors international demand vs 361 copies of af15 cgc 4.0 and up unrestored out there in the market (Do not be fooled by excessive copies of af15 rubbish as I did the CGC census count as of June 09). Ignore the 1.6 trillion dollar deficit in the USA and look globally where there are tons of rich tycoons out there. Spiderman is here to stay for generation after generation.

I am part of this club as I bought the af15 cgc 4.0 unrestored copy that Chromium wanted 2 months ago (he settled for a cgc 2.5 copy later but his looks nice for the grade). My copy is in a safety deposit box so i will not show off scan.

are there even tens of thousands?

There are over 2000 shops in the USA and 200 shops in Canada. The attendance of San Diego Comic con were well over 100,000 in 2009, but everyone who attended are not comic book collectors. Tens of thousand (less than 100,000 but more than 10,000) is a reasonable number.

My copy is in a safety deposit box so i will not show off scan.

Your copy being in a safety deposit box seems like MORE incentive to show off a scan, not less, given that we can't steal it and given that it's one of the only ways you can see it yourself now. Everything I put in a safety deposit box I show off freely knowing that it's locked up safe and that I get to vicariously enjoy it via the scan. :cloud9:

as there is 100 million+ collectors

there are 100 million+ collectors? really?

I think he meant...tens of thousands comic collectors. (shrug)

He meant whatever made his point sound more grandiose...smacks a bit of a horse owner preaching to the crowd what a fantastic investment horses are, which while partially accurate, isn't as simple and rosy as it sounds. Not that I entirely disagree with him, but he's clearly overhyping the potential buyers out there for $10K and up comics. I certainly do agree that AF15 has lots more room to grow and will remain in the top 5 most liquid keys in the hobby for decades.

I love AF 15...it is one of the few silver age comics I try to keep one of in my collection at all times!...I mean, first spidey, right :headbang:

that said, AF15 has pulled back in price (simply put, the opposite of price growth), in ALL grades, for over a year now (some as much as 40% downward price correction over the artificial run up of 2008/9)...

yes, it is very liquid...and long term, probably a "can't Miss" opp if you are looking at it strictly from investment potential...

but, it will take a few years of positive growth, just to catch back up to the previous realized highs of a few years ago....so, the moral of this story is to buy the right copy for you, at a price you feel comfortable with, and don't listen to some folks' "song and dance" trying to artificially increase the value ...

yes, it is very liquid...and long term, probably a "can't Miss" opp if you are looking at it strictly from investment potential...

so, the moral of this story is to buy the right copy for you, at a price you feel comfortable with, and don't listen to some folks' "song and dance" trying to artificially increase the value ...

(thumbs u