• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I love AF 15...it is one of the few silver age comics I try to keep one of in my collection at all times!...I mean, first spidey, right :headbang:

that said, AF15 has pulled back in price (simply put, the opposite of price growth), in ALL grades, for over a year now (some as much as 40% downward price correction over the artificial run up of 2008/9)...

yes, it is very liquid...and long term, probably a "can't Miss" opp if you are looking at it strictly from investment potential...

but, it will take a few years of positive growth, just to catch back up to the previous realized highs of a few years ago....so, the moral of this story is to buy the right copy for you, at a price you feel comfortable with, and don't listen to some folks' "song and dance" trying to artificially increase the value ...

I know the book has alot of demand, but I also feel that copies "came out of the woodwork" once the prices started to escalate and the flippers ran wild. too much supply IMO all at once.

I have AF15 on my watch list for Comiclink and I get a "for sale" notification from them about once a week on any AF15s for sale on their website.

I love AF 15...it is one of the few silver age comics I try to keep one of in my collection at all times!...I mean, first spidey, right :headbang:

that said, AF15 has pulled back in price (simply put, the opposite of price growth), in ALL grades, for over a year now (some as much as 40% downward price correction over the artificial run up of 2008/9)...

yes, it is very liquid...and long term, probably a "can't Miss" opp if you are looking at it strictly from investment potential...

but, it will take a few years of positive growth, just to catch back up to the previous realized highs of a few years ago....so, the moral of this story is to buy the right copy for you, at a price you feel comfortable with, and don't listen to some folks' "song and dance" trying to artificially increase the value ...

I know the book has alot of demand, but I also feel that copies "came out of the woodwork" once the prices started to escalate and the flippers ran wild. too much supply IMO all at once.

I have AF15 on my watch list for Comiclink and I get a "for sale" notification from them about once a week on any AF15s for sale on their website.

given that right now, there are over 50 copies of af15 for sale in the market place... if demand was so great, then the supply would be gone... naturally, the supply is still there because it is priced to high (at least to current perspective buyers)... that is the way it works... supply + demand = price... if you have too much supply, you have to lower the price to meet demand at that level...

I just get a kick out of listening to snake oil salesmen (thumbs u

given that right now, there are over 50 copies of af15 for sale in the market place... if demand was so great, then the supply would be gone... naturally, the supply is still there because it is priced to high (at least to current perspective buyers)... that is the way it works... supply + demand = price... if you have too much supply, you have to lower the price to meet demand at that level...

I just get a kick out of listening to snake oil salesmen (thumbs u

I hear you R.

I made a good deal recently....and a bad deal recently.

Strike like a cobra but be sure you can swallow the kill !! :preach:

and for every slabbed cgc af 15, I bet I have seen a ton of raw copies (we all have, at least if you have been looking)... just goto any show... now, the majority are lower grade, so there is less supply on the market of middle to upper grade... I do believe those grades have the higher probability of increasing percentage in value relative to lower grades... and presumably, once we bottom out price wise, we will see a rise (albeit much smaller) in prices, as more copies are absorbed and removed from the market...

I believe I told this story before, but I have a star trek action figure customer that must have 30 raw copies of af15...at least 2 very high grade... there are SO many folks that have not cgc'd or been motivated to sell, that as prices to continue to rise, more of these "holders" will release product, and again, the cycle of peaks and valleys will continue

so, the moral of this story is to buy the right copy for you, at a price you feel comfortable with, and don't listen to some folks' "song and dance" trying to artificially increase the value ...

(thumbs u

+1 million

are there even tens of thousands?

There are over 2000 shops in the USA and 200 shops in Canada. The attendance of San Diego Comic con were well over 100,000 in 2009, but everyone who attended are not comic book collectors. Tens of thousand (less than 100,000 but more than 10,000) is a reasonable number.

Are tens of thousands collecting back issues?

Are tens of thousands wanting to buy AF #15?

Would be interesting to see how many people are actively collecting SA Spideys?

There are over 2000 shops in the USA and 200 shops in Canada. The attendance of San Diego Comic con were well over 100,000 in 2009, but everyone who attended are not comic book collectors. Tens of thousand (less than 100,000 but more than 10,000) is a reasonable number.

When I get a chance to do this math...I'll get back to you...I promise.

after extensive research and calculation, I have determined that there are 71 people in the world that want to buy an af 15 at this very moment, and that there are 221.37 people actively collecting SA spideys..

I will be publishing my results in a co byline credit with sagat later in the year :insane:

after extensive research and calculation, I have determined that there are 71 people in the world that want to buy an af 15 at this very moment, and that there are 221.37 people actively collecting SA spideys..

I will be publishing my results in a co byline credit with sagat later in the year :insane:

On the 221.37, did you round the hundredth decimel UP or DOWN??? :roflmao:

I simply had sagat verify my calculations (Thumbs u

that 8.0 look as good to me as the Mound 8.0 copy. Mound copy went for $78,750 but I don't think this book will hit that number. My guess is $72k.

I wonder if the Mound copy will get crack/press/resub (thumbs u

the Cert# 0161175001 for those whoever wants to track the Mound copy.

that 8.0 look as good to me as the Mound 8.0 copy. Mound copy went for $78,750 but I don't think this book will hit that number. My guess is $72k.

I wonder if the Mound copy will get crack/press/resub (thumbs u

the Cert# 0161175001 for those whoever wants to track the Mound copy.

hm

I simply had sagat verify my calculations (Thumbs u

You guys are too much! :P

OK ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE WONDERING WHERE DID I GET THESE FIGURES? GO TO HERITAGE AUCTIONS AND TYPE IN PAST SALES OF AMAZING FANTASY 15 AND THEY WILL HAVE THE CGC CENSUS AS OF JUNE 2009. THERE DO A COUNT OF BLUE LABELS 4.0 AND UP. YOU GET 361. YOU MAY GET UPDATED FIGURES IF YOU ARE A CGC MEMBER FROM LATEST CENSUS. BUT I USE HERITAGE AS MY FREE CGC CENSUS BY TYPING ANY BOOK OFF THEIR HISTORICAL AUCTION SITE.

SO HERE IS THE REST OF THE TOP 20 SILVER AGE IN CGC 4.0 AND UP.

CGC CENSUS AS OF LAST UPDATE JUNE 09 FOR CGC 4.0 BLUE LABEL

Book

Amazing Fantasy 15 - 361 COPIES

FF#1 - 253 COPIES

Showcase 4 - 72 COPIES

ASM#1 - 599 COPIES

Hulk #1 - 222 COPIES

X-MEN#1 - 635 COPIES

JIM#83 - 293 COPIES

Showcase 8 - 49 COPIES

TOS#39 - 410 COPIES

Flash105 - 89 COPIES

Showcase 9 - 32 COPIES

BB#28 - 143 COPIES

Adventure Comics #247 - 63 COPIES

JLA#1 - 188 COPIES

FF#5 - 250 COPIES

Showcase22 - 103 COPIES

TTA27 - 130 COPIES

FF#2 - 202 COPIES

GL#1 - 201 COPIES

AVENGERS#1 - 477 COPIES

YOU'RE PROBABLY WONDERING WHERE I GOT THE MILLIONS OF COLLECTORS FOR AF15 - WELL LOOK AT SPIDERMAN COMIC SALES ACROSS THE GLOBE FOR MARVEL- THESE ARE ALL YOUR FANS WHO WANT THE FIRST APPEARANCE OF SPIDERMAN. OF COURSE NOT ALL CAN AFFORD NOW BUT MOST WILL EVENTUALLY. NEW FANS TURN UP EVERY YEAR ALSO.

I don't know anywhere besides North America where Spider-man comics sell more than a few thousand copies per month. Not Europe, not Asia not Oceania...don't have any figures concerning Africa though.

YOU'RE PROBABLY WONDERING WHERE I GOT THE MILLIONS OF COLLECTORS FOR AF15 - WELL LOOK AT SPIDERMAN COMIC SALES ACROSS THE GLOBE FOR MARVEL- THESE ARE ALL YOUR FANS WHO WANT THE FIRST APPEARANCE OF SPIDERMAN. OF COURSE NOT ALL CAN AFFORD NOW BUT MOST WILL EVENTUALLY. NEW FANS TURN UP EVERY YEAR ALSO.

I believe the last print run, world wide for spidey was about 60,000 copies... almost a million, but falling just a wee bit short!