• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

In the last 12 months, I've sold 7 1.0s and 1.5s

1.0 $2099 (cover detached)

1.0 $1500 (tape on cover)

1.0 $2099 (cover detached)

1.5 $2500

1.5 $2899

1.5 $2200

1.5 $2300

None of them had marvel chippping

Giggity! Those are numbers I like to see! :banana:

Picked up my copy for far less than even some of your 1.0s!

AF15-Front.jpg

You're AF15 is the type that will move fast once on the marketplace. Good eye appeal, no marvel chipping, no markings or date stamps

(thumbs u

You're AF15 is the type that will move fast once on the marketplace. Good eye appeal, no marvel chipping, no markings or date stamps

(thumbs u

Too bad it's a vault book ;) But I agree, I was beyond jazzed when a fellow boardie worked with me on the deal for this book.

:whistle: AMAZING FANTASY #15 CGC 8.0 VF $44,666 $xx,000 3/5/2010 3/16/2010 8 days 22 hours 32 minutes Highest bid

I will very honestly, openly, and directly tell you that I'm NOT bidding on this book. Compliments of the misses...(she is the one with the hammer below)

:makepoint:

well, I have put in at least a token bid (thumbs u

:wishluck:

given that I don't value 8.0's as some do, I am fairly confident I won't win...but, stranger things have happened

I just realized that this is the same AF CGC 7.5 that sold in the September ComicLink auction. :hi:

RAD21DCA2009923_111348.jpgRADB12FF2010310_164353.jpg

:whistle: AMAZING FANTASY #15 CGC 8.0 VF $44,666 $xx,000 3/5/2010 3/16/2010 8 days 22 hours 32 minutes Highest bid

I will very honestly, openly, and directly tell you that I'm NOT bidding on this book. Compliments of the misses...(she is the one with the hammer below)

given that I don't value 8.0's as some do, I am fairly confident I won't win...but, stranger things have happened

I just realized that this is the same AF CGC 7.5 that sold in the September ComicLink auction. :hi:

Wow, it got pressed...Very good eye fantastic_four. (thumbs u

Do you remember what the 7.5 sold for before?

0.5 difference doesn't necessarily mean it was a press-job. If you look at the spine, notice the indentations are still there with the 8.0. My guess is the graders were simply a little more generous the second time around and the owner assumed this copy had the appeal that warranted a resubmit attempt.

2c

0.5 difference doesn't necessarily mean it was a press-job. If you look at the spine, notice the indentations are still there with the 8.0. My guess is the graders were simply a little more generous the second time around and the owner assumed this copy had the appeal that warranted a resubmit attempt.

2c

Why would anyone spend all that money to get it regraded, shipped back, insured, and risk more handling on it, other than an upgrade. This book was only bought less than six months ago, and it surely looks like a flipper in the works. As etanick quoted " i guess that 8.0 is fully maximize now. "

Big risk to run.

Looking at last 2 8.0 sales:

ComicConnect (PQ anyone?) at $69k in Nov and $52k for a COW on Heritage in Nov as well.

With those 2 buyers out is there a third prepared to pay $64k so that the seller breaks even?

Big risk to run.

Looking at last 2 8.0 sales:

ComicConnect (PQ anyone?) at $69k in Nov and $52k for a COW on Heritage in Nov as well.

With those 2 buyers out is there a third prepared to pay $64k so that the seller breaks even?

hm

Good Job (thumbs u

2c

Why would anyone spend all that money to get it regraded, shipped back, insured, and risk more handling on it, other than an upgrade. This book was only bought less than six months ago, and it surely looks like a flipper in the works. As etanick quoted " i guess that 8.0 is fully maximize now. "

I guess the answer to your question is the price difference between a 7.5 and a 8.0, and while I don't have GPA to quote that for you, it's probably safe assumption that like all higher grade mega keys, that minor difference in grade is often quite substantial (and worth the risk to some). Obviously, that person would need to have a certain amount of confidence in the hope the grade doesn't move in the other direction :eek:

But again, most pressing jobs would have taken out those spine indentations from previous work I've seen from pros, and they're still just as evident in the 8.0 as they are in the 7.5 giving me the impression this is just a grading change.

2c

I guess the answer to your question is the price difference between a 7.5 and a 8.0, and while I don't have GPA to quote that for you, it's probably safe assumption that like all higher grade mega keys, that minor difference in grade is often quite substantial (and worth the risk to some). Obviously, that person would need to have a certain amount of confidence in the hope the grade doesn't move in the other direction :eek:

But again, most pressing jobs would have taken out those spine indentations from previous work I've seen from pros, and they're still just as evident in the 8.0 as they are in the 7.5 giving me the impression this is just a grading change.

According to the 12 month average about $13,000.

Interestingly the last 7.5 and 8.0 sold for the same $52,281.00. The 7.5 in 8/09 and the 8.0 in 11/09.

Interestingly the last 7.5 and 8.0 sold for the same $52,281.00. The 7.5 in 8/09 and the 8.0 in 11/09.

The last 7.5 that sold was this book we're talking about that's now an 8.0, and it sold for $57K obviously because people thought it was a good upgrade candidate. I thought so as well, I bid up to around $50K and was surprised that it went so high. The 7.5 you're talking about is the white-pager that resold recently to peewee for $44K, and the 8.0 you're referring to was a cream/offwhite book on Heritage with horrible chipping down the entire right side. The chipping made it the worst-looking 8.0 I've ever seen, which is why I passed on it myself, and obviously others thought it was overgraded as well.

I saw it sold for $57555 and let's see how much this can be sold this time as an 8.0. hm

This really tells you that some are in it for the short term and is trying to make some quick cash. :blahblah:

Which is why the Tim's (tth2) are hanging it up (not for good...just frustrated).

:preach:

Good Job (thumbs u

Just for comparion purposes, I'm pulling in my 7.5. I damn 'nere bid on that 7.5/8.0 but the PQ is just too dawg-gone avg for me for an AF15. But, MAN, the front cover is an 8.5 all the way !

Unfortunately, my 7.5 will (can) NEVER be an 8.0. But who cares? (shrug)

GAtor, will you show your 8.0 in this mix ?

94645.jpg.b2f10436a83b2079aafea21e806e0999.jpg

Good Job (thumbs u

Just for comparion purposes, I'm pulling in my 7.5. I damn 'nere bid on that 7.5/8.0 but the PQ is just too dawg-gone avg for me for an AF15. But, MAN, the front cover is an 8.5 all the way !

Unfortunately, my 7.5 will (can) NEVER be an 8.0. But who cares? (shrug)

GAtor, will you show your 8.0 in this mix ?

Your 7.5 white pager is awesome...there are plenty of buyers for it...

:takeit: