• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

man i really need to join this club by the end of this year ! a nice 1.0-1.5 would do just nicely
Hope you have $2000 for a low grade copy.

I'm going to go see if the Dazzler #1 Club is still taking new members. :(

There was a Spawn Club.

I haven't sunk that low. :banana:

:roflmao:

NM (so he says) AF15 on ebay... :taptaptap:

I'll say one thing, the front cover is SQUEAKY clean !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-NM_W0QQitemZ120543410323QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item1c10f27893

I like the top LEFT corner, with great color touch. :eek: Nice restored copy.

NM (so he says) AF15 on ebay... :taptaptap:

I'll say one thing, the front cover is SQUEAKY clean !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-NM_W0QQitemZ120543410323QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item1c10f27893

Call me a nut and I'm sure many people might feel the same way, but a book like this (restored or not) belongs slabbed if the seller has any intent of selling the book.

With as much as the proper degree of restoration detection might lower the realized sale-price, people are only going to be willing to invest so much into a book that is likely to have a great deal of restoration.

While likely?

Because if the book had minor restoration, or no restoration, the seller would pay for the grading fees and become rich overnight.

trust me its going to take some saving... but if you really think about it you were almost half way there with the money you spent on the 181....i just need to finish this TOS run.. so i can get it out of my system and make a run for a big time grial.. =) and try and find me a deal on a 181 like you did too lol

I would sell my whole collection if that was the only way I could get an unrestored low grade AF15. Its well worth it (thumbs u

One thing that this book has going for it is it is liquid, there will always be more than a few buyers looking for it. I can`t think of another silver age book that even comes this close to being liquid and I am talking any grade not just high grade. hm

I agree its very liquid even ones priced a little bit above GPA values. There are some AF15s on ebay that are not very liquid though. Some priced almost double the going rate

I agree its very liquid even ones priced a little bit above GPA values. There are some AF15s on ebay that are not very liquid though. Some priced almost double the going rate

You couldn't sell the best bottle of wine in the world with too high a price on it, but that doesn't mean it isn't liquid. Most any Marvel key is liquid right now, although I agree that AF15 has the best prospects for remaining liquid the longest at the highest prices.

Too many scammers on ebay especially when I see he is from Toronto where I'm from. I reported him to ebay based on description and feedback. I hope they remove asap. In his description he said he bought this restored copy instead of an unrestored 8.0 so I asked him if he has a af15 cgc 8.0 unrestored to compare and he told me "does anyone read anymore". I am fed up with rude rip off artists although I am careful. Anyway so this is my 1st time reporting anyone.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120543410323&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:CA:1123

DO NOT BUY AND GET RIPPED OFF.

Too many scammers on ebay especially when I see he is from Toronto where I'm from. I reported him to ebay based on description and feedback. I hope they remove asap. In his description he said he bought this restored copy instead of an unrestored 8.0 so I asked him if he has a af15 cgc 8.0 unrestored to compare and he told me "does anyone read anymore". I am fed up with rude rip off artists although I am careful. Anyway so this is my 1st time reporting anyone.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120543410323&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:CA:1123

How is this a scam? Sure, the price is ridiculous, but if ebay removed every over priced book on their site there would be very few listings left.

man i really need to join this club by the end of this year ! a nice 1.0-1.5 would do just nicely
Hope you have $2000 for a low grade copy.

I'm going to go see if the Dazzler #1 Club is still taking new members. :(

There was a Spawn Club.

I haven't sunk that low. :banana:

:roflmao:

FWIW, I LOVE the first ten issues of Spawn and I still am thrilled to own my #1 copy (now to get it signed by McFarlane!).

But then again, the depths to which I've sunk are beyond most. Hence, my pedigree designation: The Charlie Brown Christmas Tree Pedigree ;)

I don't think his auction is a scam because he did mention that the book was color touched and trimmed. I have been exchanging emails back and forth telling him (before I even saw the book was restored) that I would buy the book if it was CGC'ed graded (which you can see his response in the Q & A part). I then emailed him back saying that I missed the part where the book was restored and trimmed and that the value of the book is significantly lower now because of the trimming. This is what he said:

"thanks for the lesson

obviously you have not done the research

and not following the market at all

no worries"

I then told him: "Oh I have done a lot of research and I do follow the market closely especially for Amazing Fantasy 15.. Seems like you need to know a lot more about restoration and trimming:

His response back: "whatever makes you feel better....

oh and by the way the general rule of thumb is a minor restoration book

should get at least 20% of what a unrestored book should get.

last 9.0 CGC blue label unrestored book sold for 140,000.00

so whats 20% of 140 hmmmm 28,000.00 and mine is at least a 9.2

so go pretend to talk to someone else about how much you know.

#2 there is a 9.4 with 3 hole puched through the entire book with a bid of 27,500

so please just spare me your intellect."

I then responded: "Get it graded by CGC then if you are so sure that it will come back a 9.2. I really want to see that. The 9.4 with the punched hole is in a green qualified label meaning if it didn't have the punch holes, it would grade out as a 9.4 or even a 9.6 universal blue label. I would rather have that than a trimmed copy as it is worth more. Why don't you ask the experts and dealers about trimming."

We'll see what he says

I don't think his auction is a scam because he did mention that the book was color touched and trimmed. I have been exchanging emails back and forth telling him (before I even saw the book was restored) that I would buy the book if it was CGC'ed graded (which you can see his response in the Q & A part). I then emailed him back saying that I missed the part where the book was restored and trimmed and that the value of the book is significantly lower now because of the trimming. This is what he said:

"thanks for the lesson

no worries"

I then told him: "Oh I have done a lot of research and I do follow the market closely especially for Amazing Fantasy 15.. Seems like you need to know a lot more about restoration and trimming:

#2 there is a 9.4 with 3 hole puched through the entire book with a bid of 27,500

I then responded: "Get it graded by CGC then if you are so sure that it will come back a 9.2. I really want to see that. The 9.4 with the punched hole is in a green qualified label meaning if it didn't have the punch holes, it would grade out as a 9.4 or even a 9.6 universal blue label. I would rather have that than a trimmed copy as it is worth more. Why don't you ask the experts and dealers about trimming."

We'll see what he says

hm

"thanks for the lesson

no worries"

We'll see what he says

Well, let's give it (the AF15) some credit. It's cover is very clean and bright.

Too bad for the resto... :boo:

(shrug)

"thanks for the lesson

no worries"

We'll see what he says

Well, let's give it (the AF15) some credit. It's cover is very clean and bright.

Too bad for the resto... :boo:

If no trimming then it will be a plus.

"thanks for the lesson

no worries"

We'll see what he says

Unreal.

Even if a collector decides not to purchase what you're selling, don't they realize that being sarcastic or rude to one collector might very well travel by word of mouth?

Why even respond in that fashion? If he disagreed that would be fine but he could have at least voiced his opinion in a respectful fashion. We don't always agree but customer service is as important as anything else in this situation, especially when selling a book for that type of asking price.