• Announcements

• dena

Try the new CGC Journals!   03/22/2017

CGC has launched a new and improved CGC Journals! Available on CGCcomics.com, the new CGC Journals improves upon the popular platform to write blogs and discuss them with other members. The new CGC Journals has an improved design that makes it significantly easier to post and read journals from any device, including smartphones and tablets. Adding images has been made much simpler, and the CGC Journals now give users the ability to create polls and "like" other entries. A popular feature of the old CGC Journals was the ability to open an entry to comments from other users. This feature has been retained and enhanced — users can now comment on the same page as the original Journal entry, creating a seamless experience. Best of all, the same login can be used to post Journals, make comments and access the other features of the CGC website. Old CGC Journals entries will be migrated to the new CGC Journals soon. In the meantime, users can make posts to the new CGC Journals. To get started, create a Journal and make an entry. Unlike the old NGC Journals, you create a single Journal and then add new entries to it. Your Journal can be customized with a cover photo, and you can choose to make it available to all users or only to the users that you select. You can also choose to receive notifications whenever people comment on one of your entries. Scroll below for helpful tips on using the new CGC Journals or go to the new CGC Journals now >   Instructions / Tips To get started, you must first create your Journal and then you can add entries to that Journal. Choose Journals from the Browse menu if you are not already on the Journals page

Click Create a Journal

Name your journal, add a description, add a photo, and choose if you want all users to see your journal or if you would like it available to a specific audience only. Click Continue to move on to the next step where you can add you first entry!  

Click Add Journal Entry to add a post to your journal

Commenting on another user's Journal is easy. After selecting a journal to read, scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find the field where you may enter your comments and see the comments others have posted.
    • Brittany M.

CCS - Updated Turn Times!   03/28/2017

CCS has updated its turn times! Here is where CCS is operating for each tier of service:   Quick-Press: 6 weeks (30 Business Days) Regular Press: 8-9 weeks (40-45 Business Days) Fast-Track Press: 4-6 weeks (20-30 Business Days) Standard: 3-4 weeks (15-20 Business Days) Express: 3 weeks (15 Business Days) Walk-thru: 2-3 weeks (10-15 Business Days) Screening: 5-6 weeks (25-30 Business Days)    

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)
7 7

2,533 posts in this topic

OK, I know that I promised new additions to the Registry after the awards were announced, so I plan on starting with the requests to expand the existing sets. I will post the requests below, so if anyone has any comments, objections, additional requests(expansions only), etc. please post them here. :blahblah:

I have been compiling a list of new sets to be added (as I had also promised) but I will not be posting that until I am ready to begin. :insane:

Here is the list of expansions:

-Batman #0 add to complete or one-shot set(to be created)?

-add French Variant to Captain America #25 in the Cap 2005 set "La Mort De Captain America" (Marvel Icons #30) and Expand to #50

-add Shi/Cyblade Special - The Battle For Independents (1995) issue to the Witchblade set since it's the character's first appearance.

-Amazing Adventures expand to #39

-Iron Man #1-100

-Add to House Of M (Complete) Set: Captain America (2005) #10, Cable & Deadpool (2004) #17, Black Panther (Marvel Knights, 2005) #7, New Thunderbolts (2005) #11

-Cry For Dawn run there are several alternate printings and limited editions not included

-Iron Man v2 add variants for 1 & 4

-Iron Man v3 add variants for 1 & 2

-Ultimate Iron Man add #1 Variants

-Complete Detective Set

-Complete Action Set

-X-Men up to #500 (complete set and complete with variants)

-Update Justice League of America to issue #21+

-Update Justice Society of America to issue #17+

-Green Arrow (2001) - needs to be extended beyond #25

-update the Gold Key Star Trek series to include the back cover variants of issues 1 thru 3

-Add to Buffy season Eight set slot for # 3 issue second printing

-X-Men -add the recently updated annuals and GS 3 & 4 from the 301 - 450 sets to the 1 - 450 sets.

now.....discuss..... :baiting:

Edited by Gemma

sweet!

I was wondering about the Captain America 2005 set in regards to #34.

#34 has a 50/50 cover from Steve Epting and Alex Ross. Is it possible to get individual slots for the Steve Epting Cover and the Alex Ross cover?

How about a bronze Avengers set? :wishluck:

92 to 200 (shrug)

Two expansions I'd like to see ...

- in "Sandman (1989)" the #50 Platinum Variant should have its own slot, and not just share one with the regular #50

- same goes for "Death: The High Cost of Living", it would be nice if the #1 Platinum Variant could be entered alongside the regular #1

The complete sets for X-Men would be awesome, thanks Gemma!

Since, there are seperate Silver, Bronze, Copper, & Modern sets I'd still like to see the 301-450 & 301-450 w/ variant Modern sets get updated to 500 for consistency.

BTW, is there a way to combine the error 381 Holofoil/Chrome variant listings. They are the same book and should all be under 381 Chrome.

Thanks in Advance!

Didn't Giant-Size X-Men 3 and 4 come out after UXM 450? Not sure if they fit in that set. hm But the new x-men sets sound sweet. Thanks

Didn't Giant-Size X-Men 3 and 4 come out after UXM 450? Not sure if they fit in that set. hm But the new x-men sets sound sweet. Thanks

Yeah, GS 3 & 4 came out around the 460 run. They would fit in the 300-500 expansion, but if the 1-450 stays that way and there is a new 1-500 set then the GS 3 &4 should be added to the 1-500 set, not the 1-450 set... but it says "expansion" so I figure the 1-450 set will become the 1-500 or "complete" set.

I see no reason to have a 1-450 & 1-500 set. We have a crazy amount of sub-sets, they should just be expanded in my humble opinion.

:)

The complete sets for X-Men would be awesome, thanks Gemma!

Since, there are seperate Silver, Bronze, Copper, & Modern sets I'd still like to see the 301-450 & 301-450 w/ variant Modern sets get updated to 500 for consistency.

BTW, is there a way to combine the error 381 Holofoil/Chrome variant listings. They are the same book and should all be under 381 Chrome.

Thanks in Advance!

perhaps a new 300-500 set?

Yeah, GS 3 & 4 came out around the 460 run. They would fit in the 300-500 expansion, but if the 1-450 stays that way and there is a new 1-500 set then the GS 3 &4 should be added to the 1-500 set, not the 1-450 set... but it says "expansion" so I figure the 1-450 set will become the 1-500 or "complete" set.

I see no reason to have a 1-450 & 1-500 set. We have a crazy amount of sub-sets, they should just be expanded in my humble opinion.

Not until I get the issues i'm missing. :baiting::kidaround:

92 to 200 (shrug)

:blahblah: Just use the complete Avengers set listing.

92 to 200 (shrug)

:blahblah: Just use the complete Avengers set listing.

Just bite me. :whatev:

Not until I get the issues i'm missing. :baiting::kidaround:

I got what you want, I got what you need. PM sent :D

I'd like to see the remaining Annuals added to the Avengers 1-503 set. It stops at 13 or so now.

I'd also like to see the price and cover variants added to the Avengers 1-503 set. There aren't many cover variants.

Gemma, you're a peach! (thumbs u

While we are talking a lot of X-Men expansion here can we also get the step-child updated:

X-Men #1-#194 (1991)

X-Men #1-#194 (1991) w/ Variants

It remains X-Men until issue 207, then becomes X-Men: Legacy with issue 208 and continues.

Could we also get the sets updated with the following annuals:

X-Men '95 nn

X-Men '96 nn

X-Men '97 nn

X-Men/Dr. Doom '98 nn

X-Men '99 nn

X-Men 2000 nn

X-Men 2001 nn

X-Men Annual #1 (3/07)

Gemma,

Originally I requested an expansion on the 30 Days of Night set,BUT on further consideration I think building a seperate Master set would be ideal.Similar to what you did with the Marvel Zombies! Thanks for your consideration. :foryou:

~Shawn H.

is the IronMan #1-100 a expansion?

i was able to add my vol 1 iron man books that was allready listed in iron man #1-332 ,

was this set surpose to be iron man vol 4 1-100 ?

confused

I guess I should have said expansions and divisions.

For X-Men expansions: Does everyone prefer a new set or just adding to the 1-450 to make it 1-500?

In regards to 30 Days of Night, I will add them to the list of additions. (so that would be Bloodsucker Tales, Beyond Barrow, Dead Space, Eben & Stella, Red Snow, Return to Barrow, and Spreading the Disease) Do you want them in one set? (that is what I was thinking...as for some of the titles we have only graded one issue)

I'm still working on the list I have posted and the additional requests in this thread.

For X-Men expansions: Does everyone prefer a new set or just adding to the 1-450 to make it 1-500?

New set please. :hi:

I guess I should have said expansions and divisions.

I like the way the majority of the X-Men sets are laid out.

We've got:

1-450 Full set

1-66 Silver

67-93 Bronze Reprints

94-143 Bronze

144-300 Copper

301-450 Modern

I personally would just rather see the full 1-450 set expanded to 1-500, and the 301-450 modern set expanded to 500.

This way, we don't need a new set every time there is an expansion, and hopefully we could just keep adding issues every 6 months to a year like all the other long running sets.

Thanks for such interest in our opinions Gemma! :luhv: