• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another beautious Wonder Woman

6 posts in this topic

For all you DC silver age fans, here's another great book:

Wonder Woman 136

The grading forum has deemed it somewhere between 7.0 to 8.5. I know that's a big range, but all I can say is that it's newsstand fresh! I give it an 11, or maybe even a 13.5. Or some other number.

Personally, I think it's in the VF range somewhere. Not sure what the number is (I don't do numbers). Trust your eyes, not me. Front and back scans are included in the auction.

-- Joanna

I'd give that book a 52.

By the way, I HATE HATE HATE your new baby avatar. It is ICKY. Bring back the old Wonder Girl one. How about a nice Deodato WW? Or a Perez one? grin.gif

Is there no love for the Tot??? I am wounded to the core.

Hint: you'll never see a Deodato WW from me. Trish (the colorist) and I used to play "Fall forward, fall backward, fall off the cliff" with his drawings. Every freaking panel was so out of balance, that physics demanded she would fall in one of those three ways (for some reason, he had her at the edge of a cliff far more than would be coincidence).

Wonder Tot, however, is a sublime creation. OTOH, if it's keeping me from selling books, I'll consider changing it.

-- Joanna

I'd give that book a 52.

By the way, I HATE HATE HATE your new baby avatar. It is ICKY. Bring back the old Wonder Girl one. How about a nice Deodato WW? Or a Perez one? grin.gif

Is there no love for the Tot??? I am wounded to the core.

Hint: you'll never see a Deodato WW from me. Trish (the colorist) and I used to play "Fall forward, fall backward, fall off the cliff" with his drawings. Every freaking panel was so out of balance, that physics demanded she would fall in one of those three ways (for some reason, he had her at the edge of a cliff far more than would be coincidence).

Wonder Tot, however, is a sublime creation. OTOH, if it's keeping me from selling books, I'll consider changing it.

-- Joanna

Wonder Tot is icky. The Donut Hole refers to her as "grossness", and if you've lost the three-year-old little girl market, you're in trouble.

Re Deodato - my mother is a physical therapist, and Deodato (and Liefeld, for that matter) art makes her head blow off - the women's femurs are always too long!

Wonder Tot is icky. The Donut Hole refers to her as "grossness", and if you've lost the three-year-old little girl market, you're in trouble.

But... but has she READ a Wonder Tot story?? The Tot has my heart in both her wee hands!

Re Deodato - my mother is a physical therapist, and Deodato (and Liefeld, for that matter) art makes her head blow off - the women's femurs are always too long!

Your mother would've been good at our game. Her femurs are are waaaay too long, freakishly, abnormally, mutatedly long.

Once, at a con, Trish tried to recreate one of WW's poses in a Deodato issue. She nearly broke her back, and although she gave a more than valiant try, it was indeed impossible for the human body to assume it (with the possible exception of a professional contortionist). However, there was great amusement from the peanut gallery at her attempt.

-- Joanna

Donut and Donut Hole,

I hope you are okay with my compromise. My avatar is still Wonder Tot, but it's a different picture. If you are still both freaked, I'll find something else. But if this is okay, I'd like to keep it for a week or two.

-- Joanna