• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

This book is really on a roll. Im loving the story and can not wait to see what happens with Nolan and Allen. Ryans art has become better and better with each issue, which is hard to believe since his art is already bad a.ss.

This book is really on a roll. Im loving the story and can not wait to see what happens with Nolan and Allen. Ryans art has become better and better with each issue, which is hard to believe since his art is already bad a.ss.
I agree with you 100%. I'm a little sad that Battle Beast won't be joining them, and is possibly dead.

I loved Invincible when it started. The 1st 13 issues were gold. I think he managed to create a fresh new character with that original Spider-Man feel to him.

I was reading this series for awhile, but then it just started to get eh... I don't know, I think the stable of villians is where the quality is low. They seem to be either too cheesy, cartoonish or just not interesting.

With the exception of the Vultrimites. (Powerplex from 59 seems promising too.)

The Conquest storyline was great. Great to the point that Invincible has returned to my pull list. Absolutely awesome. #59 to #64 have been great. #63 may have even been my favorite single comic this year. BUT... the Conquest books were Vultrimite issues, and #60 is a Vultrimite issue in my mind since they were evil Invincibles.

I've heard that the Vultrimites will be a major part in upcoming issues too. Supposedly to culminate with a resolution by #75.

Here is a nice sketch we got from Ryan Ottley at SDCC :)

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=540523&GSub=83264

You will be able to view our video interviews with Kirkman, Ottley, Eric Powell, Jeff Smith and more at floppytv.com over the next coming weeks.

The interviews were actually performed by the former forumite 'PhiGam'

Here is a nice sketch we got from Ryan Ottley at SDCC :)

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=540523&GSub=83264

You will be able to view our video interviews with Kirkman, Ottley, Eric Powell, Jeff Smith and more at floppytv.com over the next coming weeks.

The interviews were actually performed by the former forumite 'PhiGam'

:hi: Colin

Wow, no posts here for 2 months? Anybody still reading this? I loved the Conquest books.

Just read the newest book: Spoilers below plus my theory of where the Viltrumite storyline is eventually going.

So the Viltrumites are few and far between because of a virus. Now they want Earth because human DNA is 100% compatible with Viltrumite DNA. The plan is to use the Earth as a breeding ground to re-establish themselves.

So... I'm thinking the Viltrumites are going to eventually be PURPLE. Obviously they won't take over Earth, but when they see Oliver they'll seize that planet which is also compatible. Also, it conveniently has them grow up faster. Hmmm... we'll see if I'm right.

Edited by maloney414

quick question for the Invicible fans...

was cleaning through some boxes last night and found the Image He-Man books. When I was flipping through them, I found they had an Invincible preview in the back of the books. Is there any demand for these?

Kind of... there was a long discussion about those preview books in this thread

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3394630#Post3394630

It seems the Tech-Jacket book has the most promise since it was 1st. My opinion is that these may be worth about 10 bucks someday, but right now they are in 25 cent to $1 boxes.