• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

While I love the book, if it hits that price, I'm selling.

You'd be crazy not to....

Then the next day a trilogy of movies, each with a $500M budget and can't miss cast, would be announced to begin shooting the next month.

Hahahahaha! Dude. That has happened to me soooooo many times.

Hi everybody! I finally caught up on Invincible, just finished #126. Mind blown. I swear this is the only title that actually stirs up any real emotion in me. I don’t really get the same experience from mainstream titles, except for Snyder and Capullo’s Batman, which is great.

Possible SPOILERS:

In light of what happens in #126, did this interaction below from #123 raise alarm bells for anyone else? Allen you dog! My mind instantly went to an old Joe Rogan bit

160916.jpg.0735624a43c60bf3fd274cc382a3cae5.jpg

Edited by vksince82

@Krighton

I don’t know man, he had a tough decision. SPOILERS

On the one hand the possibility of better reality and on the other his daughter’s existence. He was sure he’d end up with Eve again, but he couldn’t guarantee the existence of Terra if he said yes to the space-time-spaghetti-thing. Not speaking from experience, not yet a least, I’d assume a parent would say f**k off to everything and everyone for the sake of their child’s wellbeing, in this case a child’s very existence.

Edited by vksince82

@Krighton

I don’t know man, he had a tough decision. SPOILERS

On the one hand the possibility of better reality and on the other his daughter’s existence. He was sure he’d end up with Eve again, but he couldn’t guarantee the existence of Terra if he said yes to the space-time-spaghetti-thing. Not speaking from experience, not yet a least, I’d assume a parent would say f**k off to everything and everyone for the sake of their child’s wellbeing, in this case a child’s very existence.

Being a parent...I would've made the same decision.

@Ecranu

Yup, right on. That’s why I don’t think it was a dumb move. I’d make the same decision as well. Awesome story arc.

On another note. I just read an article about February comic sales numbers, which got me thinking about Invincible. So I looked up numbers for #126, it only had a little over 12k copies in sales. What gives, why so low? More people should be reading this book.

Having been a fan since the beginning, I don't think the recent book changes were the right decision.

Feels like they were visually trying to go with a younger crowd.

The baby and new planet perspective have been pretty so-so too.

Definitely feels like a lighter air. But most typically cite the darker arcs of the series as the best.

Patrick

On another note. I just read an article about February comic sales numbers, which got me thinking about Invincible. So I looked up numbers for #126, it only had a little over 12k copies in sales. What gives, why so low? More people should be reading this book.

That makes sense. Mass culture normally means a banal preference.

This book has never see high numbers, it's a bit of a cult book.

I'd be curious to see what TWD #'s were before the show hit. I don't think Outcast #'s have jumped yet as far as I know. Only reason I bring those two titles up is because I have to think a show is really all that's gonna change the Invincible monthly #'s. I mean, seriously. The title has quite possibly the most successful modern day comic book writer AND the amazingly talented (I feel under appreciated) artist Ryan Ottley drawing EVERY month. Only a handful of books on the market reflect that rare occurance where either writer or artist commit to said book for so many issues. It's a win-win. Gotta love Image.

Also, don't forget that Invincible sells a LOT of TPB's.

I'd be curious to see what TWD #'s were before the show hit. I don't think Outcast #'s have jumped yet as far as I know. Only reason I bring those two titles up is because I have to think a show is really all that's gonna change the Invincible monthly #'s. I mean, seriously. The title has quite possibly the most successful modern day comic book writer AND the amazingly talented (I feel under appreciated) artist Ryan Ottley drawing EVERY month. Only a handful of books on the market reflect that rare occurance where either writer or artist commit to said book for so many issues. It's a win-win. Gotta love Image.

I started with the compendium books and carried on to the trades.

All true, but the statement still stands - it's a cult book. A great book (in my opinion) but it clearly has a cult following.

All true, but the statement still stands - it's a cult book. A great book (in my opinion) but it clearly has a cult following.

It sells roughly as many units between trades and floppies as Captain America monthly according to Kirkman.

It is a cult book... Why wouldn't it be?

I also equate cult to mean something with a small but loyal following. That's exactly how I see Invincible. The numbers haven't changed much in a while.

Well put.