• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

It is a cult book... Why wouldn't it be?

I also equate cult to mean something with a small but loyal following. That's exactly how I see Invincible. The numbers haven't changed much in a while.

That's exactly what it means - I didn't think I needed to define it, but apparently it helped.

I really don't get the previous comparison to Captain America. Even just from a numbers perspective.

It is a cult book... Why wouldn't it be?

I also equate cult to mean something with a small but loyal following. That's exactly how I see Invincible. The numbers haven't changed much in a while.

That's exactly what it means - I didn't think I needed to define it, but apparently it helped.

I really don't get the previous comparison to Captain America. Even just from a numbers perspective.

The comparison to Captain America was direct from Kirkman. On a monthly basis Invincible when you add up trade and floppy sales sells as many copies as Captain America.

http://stuffsaidshow.com/?p=1318

That is the source where you can listen to the interview and hear him say it.

I understand where the quote itself came from, I'm just not sure where it fits in to the 'cult book or not cult book' talk.

Other Rob was addressing my monthly sales comment.......I think.

Ah, OK. I was confused there.

Anyway, we can all agree it's a great book :thumbsup:

Just met the owner of Invincible Comics at a convention this weekend. He's got an FB store with some great slabs. What's really funny is that he's a huge Invincible fan, will be opening a store with the same name, but won't be selling any Invincible books. He loves them too much! How awesome is that?

Edited by Ecranu

Sorry if this has been discussed earlier in this thread. Just wanted to get some opinions on the Invincible #50 Variant.

So the 9.8 on eBay is $500 because there aren't many graded 9.8s. What part of the ridiculous-to-warranted spectrum are you on?

Just met the owner of Invincible Comics at a convention this weekend. He's got an FB store with some great slabs. What's really funny is that he's a huge Invincible fan, will be opening a store with the same name, but won't be selling any Invincible books. He loves them too much! How awesome is that?

It isn't really all that awesome... Nor does it make any sense.

:shrug:

Everyone is different, but I wouldn't touch that book at that price personally. Knowing this book's fans, someone may very well buy it though, you never know!

I don't remember anything significant in #50. I have to go back. The reasoning is questionable. There's only one #74 in 9.8...what would that price at?

party pooper

party pooper

Why, I love Invincible comics and am a fan of local comic shops. So when you tell me a new local comic shop is going to be named "Invincible" but doesn't sell Invincible because he "likes them too much," I call it like it is: stupid.

He doesn't have to be all about the comic and can definitely be a fan, but not selling them for any reason does not make business sense and is actually counter-intuitive to fandom. If he loves the character he should be stocking the product to help bring in new readers, support the existing ones and drive growth so it will be around a long time.

So yeah, stupid.

After you, sunshine. You chose to whine about my post.

Ok newb. (thumbs u

You post something that is illogical and I call you out on it and now you play the victim and insult me.

Thanks for the waste of time. Please continue.

That's the kind of response I was expecting. You felt the need to respond, negatively, to a simple comment I made about a store named 'Invincible Comics'. You didn't have to like it, of course, but you felt compelled to let it be known.

Fortunately, I didn't have to resort to calling you 'stupid'. You did fine all by yourself.

That's the kind of response I was expecting. You felt the need to respond, negatively, to a simple comment I made about a store named 'Invincible Comics'. You didn't have to like it, of course, but you felt compelled to let it be known.

Fortunately, I didn't have to resort to calling you 'stupid'. You did fine all by yourself.

What are you babbling about?

Cripes. You were sharing that it is "neato" that a comic shop owner likes Invincible so much he won't be selling the title at all. Even though the name of his shop will be "Invincible Comics."

How does that in any world sound like a good thing? For him, for his shop, for the comic or for the fans?

:makepoint:

People are literally going to go to his shop looking for the title and won't find it. Why is that a positive experience for anyone?