• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

It's described as a splash with a "naked babe."

What a way to describe a truly emotional scene :facepalm:

Are superhero books dying? When you think about all the books that have erupted, none are superhero books.

Walking Dead

Rachel Rising

Peter Panzerfaust

The Sixth Gun

Chew

I think the comic reading public has grown up, and we are demanding titillation ( I hear the sniggers from here guys )...the same old fare just won't do it anymore, you have to be not only original, but wonderful too...

Is the new Invincible series any good? I passed because I haven't cared for any of the Invincible break-off books in the past.

Snigger? DOH. Snicker?

Pat

Invincible Universe? I don't know. I haven't read it. If it's Invincible and Ryan doesn't draw it, I'm not reading it.

Phil Hester is a good writer so I'm giving it a chance. First issue was ok. IMO, the problem with these books is that they try to be too big with too many characters. If they did arcs featuring one or two characters, I think that would be great, but they probably can't do that because Kirkman should be writing that kind of stuff.

Yup, I also really liked the first two issues of the new series. But, I'd say if you weren't feeling it before I"m not sure if you'd like it now. Maybe check it out after the first trade is out.

Yup, I also really liked the first two issues of the new series. But, I'd say if you weren't feeling it before I"m not sure if you'd like it now. Maybe check it out after the first trade is out.

See I didn't really care that much about the Guardians of the Globe book. I didn't feel any real attachment to a character and didn't feel the group was that compelling.

On the flip side, I did enjoy the Invincible Universe book. Unfortunately it got cut though because my pull list has gotten out of control and I haven't enjoyed the GOG book before.