• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

I have Volumes 1-8 already and will pick up Volume 9 soon... I do not see any solicitations for Volume 10 but will happily grab it as soon as it is available.

If this is true I thought about scrapping what I have purchases so far but then I realized that the product is too good to get rid of especially with the commentary at the end of each 'chapter'. Over on Hisstank I would probably finish of the series by picking up the softcover collections without the commentary to have a complete run. I too was really hoping to have a full set of these but can still be happy with what was released.

It is like the Superman Omnibus.

DC has been reprinting the Superman stories in publication order so each volume gets you a mix of Action Comics and Superman Comics. I do not expect them to finish out the run though but I will pick up Volume 2 eventually and maybe the next couple.

A full run of GI Joe in the format they were releasing it in would be nice though.

Anyone know if they are keeping up w/ the hardcovers for the current GI Joe series? I saw a new volume on Amazon for pre-order in December (Serpentor cover). But, wasn't sure if that's the end of the line, or if it will keep going. The pre-order looks like it will catch you up to about 2012 of the new series.

Apparently the IDW Hardcover "Complete GI Joe" Series has ended due to lack of support. What a shame.

It was spoken about on Hisstank.com

GUH. I had a complete set of the ARAH trades, but sold them to collect the HC's

GI Joe is in a sad state right now.

Very stoked to finally land one of these.... The Indonesian stuff can be hard to find....

GIJoe1_Indo.jpg

Neat! I love seeing foreign variants of my favorite comics. Very cool! (thumbs u

+1

My ears perk up like a dog hearing a can of food opening whenever I see there is a new posting in this thread.

Made you look!

:P

Anyways nothing new and exciting. Still looking for a couple books to finish my set but nothing here on the boards or my local stores. Nothing that meets my criteria on ebay either grrrr

Hit and Run?

I wanted to say this too but his has no front pistol grip. Unless you can count newer versions.

It looks to me like something Duke would carry.

The crescent moon has to be a dead giveaway , right?

The moon is just so I can keep track of my mags and since I am a Moon Knight fan. Part of an other story line I made for airsoft. Guess it may be hard to guess since the stock on the one used by a gi joe is a bit different in the way it collapses. Also different caliber. Is 80's character though and I will say Joe side. When guessing just look at the shape vs the toy and similarities.

This is how I had the hit n run but I also added a red dot.

165798.jpg.caff0d39476b1ac3a67263d701dba4a5.jpg

165799.jpg.c5f2bdd119872de5f98d8a937e17b3b9.jpg

I am no gun expert and I did use WHOBIT. These are my best guesses(and my last).

The body is like an M-16 with the slotted barrel of an M4 and telescoping stock. So I would say:

1) Airborne XM-16

2 ) Beachhead XF-7

3) Leatherneck

I thought Airborne and Leatherneck at first as well but... it's still closer to the current Hit & Run gun. (Not the vintage). Airborne's was the stock M16 with the bayonet at the end of it... so that is throwing me slightly off.

Yeah guess its a bit hard. It was Dial Tone. Just in shape. Basically modernized with higher caliber and upgrades such as sights and such. If the stock was fully collapsed and I took off the site and flashlight and foregrip .

It was the same when I did the hit n run since higher caliber, red dot, silencer and fore grip where added to that setup as well.

165800.jpg.98a92dc89512bde7e3f61a140b5ef763.jpg

Yeah guess its a bit hard. It was Dial Tone. Just in shape. Basically modernized with higher caliber and upgrades such as sights and such. If the stock was fully collapsed and I took off the site and flashlight and foregrip .

It was the same when I did the hit n run since higher caliber, red dot, silencer and fore grip where added to that setup as well.

Shucks. Dial tone was one of my favorites.

I've been REALLY thinning out my Joes...

I've sold off most of my childhood collection with no regrets. I just opened the straight arm Scarlet that I had and was kind of disappointed to find that even though she was in her own hard case to keep her protected, the crotch snapped off. Those very early Joes are brittle.

Out of modern Joes, I've sold off almost all my Cobra troop builders, bats, crimson guardsmen, dreadnoks, Crimson twins, random Joes, couple of Snake Eyes here and there since I have about 15 different versions, all vehicles except for the modern Eaglehawk (Tommahawk) and that Black DTC Aliens looking Troop Transport with mini helicopter...

With that said... I cannot wait until BBTS ships this to me:

special-forces.png