• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Mac Man said:

Ah... my first big ticket purchase from back in 2008 or so. :x

ASMscans010.jpg

Nice book Mac!

Any chance we could see it too? (thumbsu

mac.PNG.cae5121da72b9a1f73dceac9469d86ee.PNG

8 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Nice book Mac!

Any chance we could see it too? (thumbsu

mac.PNG.cae5121da72b9a1f73dceac9469d86ee.PNG

Nope. I found out after posting the link that photobucket no longer works. Tried deleting my post and couldn't do that either. Sorry!

1 hour ago, Mac Man said:

Nope. I found out after posting the link that photobucket no longer works. Tried deleting my post and couldn't do that either. Sorry!

You can upload files from your PC on the new boards... :baiting:

5 hours ago, Mac Man said:

Curse that bucket!

On 4/5/2018 at 9:57 PM, Mac Man said:

Photobucket doesn't any longer allow hosting unless you pay for it.

You CAN just drag and drop the picture into the new forum software now. No need for Photobucket.

Thanks DK!

I was hoping for a 5.5 when I sent it in, thinking it had an outside shot at a 6.0. I am happy with the press work though; the book looks great front and back and at least it received a .5 bump from the original 4.5.  Here are the notes (which are spot on except I don’t see what they are saying about the back cover must be VERY light).  The grading is what it is:

light crease right bottom of front cover breaks color
light marvel chipping top of front cover
light wear spine breaks color
very light, multiple crease back cover

I’m super happy to have it back in hand.  Its definitely one of the nicest looking 5.0s IMO with incredible eye appeal!  Definitely my keeper copy :cloud9: 

On 5/19/2018 at 9:06 PM, DST said:

Thanks DK!

I was hoping for a 5.5 when I sent it in, thinking it had an outside shot at a 6.0. I am happy with the press work though; the book looks great front and back and at least it received a .5 bump from the original 4.5.  Here are the notes (which are spot on except I don’t see what they are saying about the back cover must be VERY light).  The grading is what it is:

light crease right bottom of front cover breaks color
light marvel chipping top of front cover
light wear spine breaks color
very light, multiple crease back cover

I’m super happy to have it back in hand.  Its definitely one of the nicest looking 5.0s IMO with incredible eye appeal!  Definitely my keeper copy :cloud9: 

who did the press work for you? amazing copy! 

2 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

who did the press work for you? amazing copy! 

Thanks Alex!  I normally do CFP because the work is always outstanding, but in this case for the turnaround time I tried CCS walkthru service because I wanted the book back in hand ASAP. I know everyone isn’t always thrilled with them but they really did a nice job.  No complaints.

Edited by DST

I saw this low pence grade copy sell recently - £1,000 / $1300 for a 'poor' copy. What do you guys think - did someone get a bargain (it wasn't me)?

asm1p.thumb.PNG.004ff637e1f755a9598f4390dde4af93.PNG

asm1pa.PNG.d100d343275131057ad7c132d15400e9.PNG asm1pb.PNG.60c689a3195b2345e6eb065cfb246ca5.PNG

Last night I posted in the ASM collecting thread that I completed a run from #2 to 441. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to purchase an original #1 so I’m wondering how the community feels about the Golden Records reprint as a substitute. What about the Marvel Milestones edition which also reprints the original ads? I look forward to some thoughts and opinions.