• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am selling almost everything.....many Key books Updated

62 posts in this topic

I am having a shift of priorities for the time being (i am buying a house) and will need to liqudate most of my collection. I am not really pleased about doing this, but after the big crash, i should be able to pick up alot of the books again. Below is only a partail list...I am going to be updating it later. Feel free to pm me about specific questions. Prices are not listed because i am flexible. Thanks

ASM 40 9.2 white pages ( manufactured with one staple)

ASM 84 9.4 ow-w (kingpin cover

ASM 59 9.4 ow (1st MJ cover)

ASM 97 9.4 cr/ow (drug issue)

ASM 98 9.4 ow (ditto)

Batman 244 9.4 ow (cool Neal Adams cover) on hold

Batman 171 9.0 cr/ow (1st Riddler in SA )

Detec 371 9.4 ow-w (classic Batgirl cover)

Detec 395 9.4 ow - (on hold for Rip)

Detec 400 9.2 ow (Neal Adams - 1st Man Bat)

Flash 350 9.8 white (highest graded, farewell issue)

Flash 167 9.4 ow (origin issue)

Flash 208 9.6 white(neal adams cover, highest graded)

Flash 169 9.4 ow/w (80 page giant)

Batman 256 9.0 (giant size)

Detec 438 9.4 white (giant size)

Detec 417 9.4 ow (neal adams)

Avengers 58 9.4 ow-w (Vision origin)

Avengers 96 9.4 ow -w (neal adams)

Avengers 92 9.6 white (neal adams, highest graded)

Avenger 94 9.0 (neal adams)

DC Special # 1 9.2 white

JLA 65 9.0 ow - (jsa story)

Wonder Woman 218 9.4 white

I also just got in a Batman 213 cgc 9.2 cr/ow pages 30th Anniv issue

I borrowed a scanner, so i will be able to send scans to people that asked. I will do that over the holiday weekend.

DC Special # 1 9.2 white
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How come the Batman 238 isn't for sale? Does it mean that you don't want an upgrade to a 9.2 later on? confused.gif

same reason the Det 359 and GL 76 aren't for sale....I'm keeping them ! - I have one being graded and it's allready been promised to someone on here. BTW, the DC special # 1 is yours for $100.00 -

DC Special # 1 9.2 white
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How come the Batman 238 isn't for sale? Does it mean that you don't want an upgrade to a 9.2 later on? confused.gif

same reason the Det 359 and GL 76 aren't for sale....I'm keeping them ! - I have one being graded and it's allready been promised to someone on here. BTW, the DC special # 1 is yours for $100.00 -

confused.gif Ummm...I'll have to pass at that price. The Western Penn copy in the same grade didn't sell for $95 on eBay. Got no bids. Maybe later! frown.gif

You have a Batman 238 being graded now? confused.gif

Congrats on the biggest investment of your life. Nice to see well spent money going into something that will last a lifetime. And soon as that crash hits, you should enough equity to go out and do it all over again!!!!!!! Of course if your significant other doesn't tell you otherwise and we all know that never happens, right guys??? 893naughty-thumb.gif

I have had a ton of responses and can't really fufill all the requests for scans. I just bought my computer a short time ago and haven't gotten around getting a scanner....didn't really think i would need one. There is of course, always a money back quarentee and in certain case, i will even send the book on an inspection basis - i can get serial numbers....there are no hidden miswraps., date stamps or any of that nonsense...i buy quality ! ( i am sure a few would argue that point) -

so if this turns off some buyers, that's fine. I stand behind what i sell....you don't like, send it back !

Mike Shuley

Congrats Mike. thumbsup2.gif

This hobby will be here when you get back to buying, and I'm sure there will be many more sweet, sweet DC's available. We just have to get Greggy to get off his arse, and submit.

Funny you should say that because, basically, no they don't. Without eBay (and online dealers) I would have nothing. Back before the internet I had to go out of states and to cons in order to get anything of any quality. I think when the fax machine became popular back in the early 90's I was probably responsible for 90 percent of the fax transmissions out of the state of Iowa wink.gif

Brian

Congrats Mike. thumbsup2.gif

This hobby will be here when you get back to buying, and I'm sure there will be many more sweet, sweet DC's available. We just have to get Greggy to get off his arse, and submit.

In January after I resubscribe and get back my coupons. I've decided that I will grade my best copies of certain non-key books and sell them and stick with the lower grade but still nice raw copies. This will maximize my multiples stash! Plus...I will sell my Silver Age books eventually! tonofbricks.gif

So you're selling your best copies of certain issues so that you can increase the number of lesser dupes that you own?

So you're selling your best copies of certain issues so that you can increase the number of lesser dupes that you own?
Ooops...my sentence structure sucks. I mean that by selling my best copies of certain books that I don't personally want to be slabbed and kept in my collection, I can maximize my $$ return while still have a nice copy in my collection for completeness sake's. 893frustrated.gif

No point slabbing a 9.8 copy and keeping it if it doesn't mean much to me while I slab a lower grade copy to try to sell. Unfortunately, most DCs in less than 9.4/9.6s don't sell for too much. I'll rather have some bidders go after the 9.8 than see a 9.2 sell for a pidly amount! Dammit...hope I am clear this time around! foreheadslap.gif