• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,902 posts in this topic

The Great Grape Ape book is far and away the nicest copy I've ever come across, and the Popeye is near perfect. Both have tremendous gloss and, especially for Charltons, nice white pages.

IMG_0001-6.jpg

You're right...a very tough issue to find in HG. In fact, your's is the nicest I've seen...

Jim

:whistle:

The Great Grape Ape book is far and away the nicest copy I've ever come across, and the Popeye is near perfect. Both have tremendous gloss and, especially for Charltons, nice white pages.

IMG_0001-6.jpg

You're right...a very tough issue to find in HG. In fact, your's is the nicest I've seen...

Jim

Thanks, Jim. It's great hearing from others who appreciate these books.

IMG_0001-6.jpg

Jim

Thanks, Jim. It's great hearing from others who appreciate these books.

I know this might belong in the OA section, but since there seems to be some interest in Charlton animated books here, I thought I'd post it. A new pick-up. As far as I know, it was never published, aside from a promotional poster Ray Dirgo used to autograph. I think it was originally intended to promote the "new" Charlton bullseye logo. It's huge, twice-up size, even though it's BA.

75542.jpg.61ee8062a250ed4824beb2b7695ca05a.jpg

Edited by silverandbronze

I know this might belong in the OA section, but since there seems to be some interest in Charlton animated books here, I thought I'd post it. A new pick-up. As far as I know, it was never published, aside from a promotional poster Ray Dirgo used to autograph. I think it was originally intended to promote the "new" Charlton bullseye logo. It's huge, twice-up size, even though it's BA.

Cool piece Paul! :applause:

That is sweet, Paul. Is Ray Dirgo still alive?

Thanks. I actually haven't been able to find out, and I've been looking for a number of reasons. Only found one bio on-line, and it didn't say. (shrug)

Please post if you do find out. It may be impossible to get an SS from him, but I sure would love to get a book signed if at all possible. He was positively prolific for Charlton in the early 70's.

Let's see a 9.6 one of these Dover...this pretty one just arrived this week from Canada.

img407.jpg

the only time I ever posted a book before I actually had it, I ended up never recieving it. I'll not tempt the fickle fates again. Until then.... :whistle:

I honestly believe this is one of the toughest BA books in any condition, nevermind trying to find a HG copy of this. Too much cross-over interest combined with the fact that March of Comics is probably the toughest BA set to complete in grade. I was pretty tickled to get this in mail, along with another sharp MoC issue.

76699.jpg.9881b982bc31e7d1586732646493cb2d.jpg

76700.jpg.00261ca6b354472a916f8de4d82e241d.jpg