• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 Grading Contest: Round 1 Results

45 posts in this topic

Charts updated. (thumbs u

First Chart is Alphabetical.

Second Chart is by Place.

Followed by some data and a Chart Legend.

Alternate Charts/ Individual Achievements remain the same.

Even though I went with 7.0, I can't believe 56 people gave that better than 6.5.

I thought this place was known for tight grading. :baiting:

It's 'Predict the CGC grade'. I grade the book by my own standards...then add a full grade point. ^^

Even though I went with 7.0, I can't believe 56 people gave that better than 6.5.

I gave it a 6.5

I would have been ridiculed shamelessly if I called it a VF-

6.0 here :tonofbricks:. I bombed, but that book just does NOT look like a 7.5. Or a 7.0 for that matter.

I gave it a 6.5

My initial thought was 6.5 also. Then I bumped it because I undergraded almost evey book in the last contest.

Doug is right. A lot of times the scans make the books look worse than they are. Especially dark covers.

I gave it a 6.5

My initial thought was 6.5 also. Then I bumped it because I undergraded almost evey book in the last contest.

Doug is right. A lot of times the scans make the books look worse than they are. Especially dark covers.

I gave it a 6.5 as well.

I gave it a 6.5

I gave it a 6.5 as well.

I swear...this is the classic book that I would have graded at 7.0 for like 2 years and then just before I post it for sale...at the very last second...I change it to 6.5 just to be sure I'm not overgrading... meh