• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,699 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Icculus308win said:

I’d love to hear what telerites paid for his #1, #2, #3, #4 back in the day. I wanna say I he bought them all together? (They all graded out 9.8s btw and his #1 was the first and only for many, many moons in the census) 

Fun quoting yourself, to show oneself (and the public) that myself was wrong lol

“Although, I have never been a huge TMNT fan, I bought the firs four issues off the stands at the advice of a LCS worker. I was in college at the time and went ahead and picked them up. Never read any of them but stuck them in mylar and there they sat until I subbed them for slabbing.”

Pretty fricken cool provenance Jeff has for his #1 and company! 🏆   
All actually grading out 9.8s (worship)

Edited by Icculus308win

7 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

Fun quoting yourself, to show oneself (and the public) that myself was wrong lol

“Although, I have never been a huge TMNT fan, I bought the firs four issues off the stands at the advice of a LCS worker. I was in college at the time and went ahead and picked them up. Never read any of them but stuck them in mylar and there they sat until I subbed them for slabbing.”

:hi:Eric.

Not anywhere close to yours but I like my copies of Jonny Quest 1 and Scooby 1 better.  I have a couple copies of JQ and three of Scoob - if I remember, you are a JQ fan too and maybe Scoob too.

Hope you and the family are well. 

4 hours ago, telerites said:
12 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

:hi:Eric.

Not anywhere close to yours but I like my copies of Jonny Quest 1 and Scooby 1 better.  I have a couple copies of JQ and three of Scoob - if I remember, you are a JQ fan too and maybe Scoob too.

Hope you and the family are well. 

Hey Jeff;  :hi:

That's fantastic pickup on your first 4 issues of TMNT and even more so since they all came back in CGC 9.8 grade.  :applause:

Was you able to pick them up for cover price at the time?  Just wondering since one of the LCS owners I knew here at the time said that he could order a copy for me directly from Mirage for $300 if I wanted a copy since he had just received one for another customer that had ordered a copy.  He showed me the copy which he just got in and being a mainstream kind of collector when it comes to comic book artwork, I thought who in their right mind would pay even cover price for this piece of doggie poo, let alone the $300 bucks he was trying to scam from me.  Needless to say, I handed it back to him as fast as I could before any of the stench from the book got onto me.  lol

I did ended up ordering the signed and numbered limited edition of the Batman Dark Knight for $40 though since I was really into the Miller stories at the time in terms of Daredevil and Bats.  Definitely ended up doubling down on my mistakes for that day as the Dark Knight book is pretty much worthless in today's marketplace while the TMNT 1 probably turned out to be another one of my bigger non-buying mistakes, but probably one that I would definitely have ended up repeating again if I didn't know what everybody knows now.  doh!

Edited by lou_fine

32 minutes ago, Icculus308win said:

My man🤘
Hope you and your brood are well out in your neck of the woods. Always enjoy going through your sets and seeing what has been tickling your fancy collecting.

As for JQ and Scoob - you are indeed correct. Love em both! I’ve been trying to acquire a HG Scoob for a long time now, still on the hunt. But have a two pretty nice readers and one beater copy gave to my kids. As for my JQ.....🤗

1F859DBA-1ED7-47F8-A370-B57AB1428D44.thumb.jpeg.da3b4e06bea11c65c13297294bd05398.jpeg

BCC62D3A-E412-4BD6-B22A-14154E6E8466.thumb.jpeg.212634fd65b784b0b23c00f9ec6caeb7.jpeg

Amazing (worship)

I always thought they should do a live action JQ movie.  If done as well as the original cartoon, I think it would be great.  Just no rework like Land of the Lost - the original was great.

And don't think I have forgotten about your DD affliction :smile:

Coming from you......thank-you  :whee:  
They was talk years ago on and off. For a year I thought close and the Rock was talked of to play Race and I think it was Zac Effron as JQ. Without being bias, I really do think it has the makings for a great fun movie, like a young Indiana Jones kinda thing. 
DD......:cloud9:

Take care Jeff👍 (I still think your #1 could be a 9.9 :gossip:)

3 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

Coming from you......thank-you  :whee:  
They was talk years ago on and off. For a year I thought close and the Rock was talked of to play Race and I think it was Zac Effron as JQ. Without being bias, I really do think it has the makings for a great fun movie, like a young Indiana Jones kinda thing. 
DD......:cloud9:

Take care Jeff👍 (I still think your #1 could be a 9.9 :gossip:)

Hey Boomers Wake me up when you guys stop talking about Johnny Quest!!

2 minutes ago, Icculus308win said:

My Wife has been a rockstar upon this first day of School (cough - eLearning) for my two boys. She had everything dialed for them ready for today and all is going surprisingly very well - still.🤞  
So in honor of fricken eLearning for a year and hoping kids don’t come out of this as mutants. I decided to take the first group photos of some actual 9.8 teenage mutants. Six of them of them to be precise........ 

655AC4EC-C63A-4542-BC32-7F28335A778A.thumb.jpeg.8c084161352f11abbfd6556ba8bce076.jpeg

2DF88901-A85A-4267-82F7-360C3521422F.thumb.jpeg.92dd091ee1678810e7738c79902e806c.jpeg

2A589B79-FCA2-43D0-A2C0-FEF19F8B6B71.thumb.jpeg.285f39d6f88aaa2218d740cc3dab4fc2.jpeg

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, Icculus308win said:

My Wife has been a rockstar upon this first day of School (cough - eLearning) for my two boys. She had everything dialed for them ready for today and all is going surprisingly very well - still.🤞  
So in honor of fricken eLearning for a year and hoping kids don’t come out of this as mutants. I decided to take the first group photos of some actual 9.8 teenage mutants. Six of them of them to be precise........ 

655AC4EC-C63A-4542-BC32-7F28335A778A.thumb.jpeg.8c084161352f11abbfd6556ba8bce076.jpeg

2DF88901-A85A-4267-82F7-360C3521422F.thumb.jpeg.92dd091ee1678810e7738c79902e806c.jpeg

2A589B79-FCA2-43D0-A2C0-FEF19F8B6B71.thumb.jpeg.285f39d6f88aaa2218d740cc3dab4fc2.jpeg

That is amazing!  (worship)