• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Kalel38 said:

This is an interesting situation tbh. Because there’s another 8.5 sitting at $20K best offer. So have to wonder if that’s going to put a cap on what this will sell for, although that logic doesn’t always apply. I’ll say around $17K.

I can’t believe this copy is at $3500! I mean it’s sort of masquerading as a high grade copy, but isn’t really. Although it’s mentioned in the description albeit not as honestly as it should be, there’s a small patch of moister/water damage on what appears to be a bunch of pages, including the cover. So you’re really looking at potentially a 7.5-8.0 at best. I think someone is going to be pissed with this purchase thinking they have a 9.4, and getting something considerably lower if sent to CGC. Or maybe buyers know they’re bidding on a nice presenting mid-grade copy and this is just what that’s going for now 🤷‍♂️.

6200F2E0-9641-4AA9-AB70-79B5E03B249A.jpeg

ED433BD3-1AF2-429D-B09C-097F552FF7B4.jpeg

E0045943-09D7-47D8-955E-C96D009AA378.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

2 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

This is an interesting situation tbh. Because there’s another 8.5 sitting at $20K best offer. So have to wonder if that’s going to put a cap on what this will sell for, although that logic doesn’t always apply. I’ll say around $17K.

I was def thinking the same thing 17-17500 buuuuuuut yah never know 

5 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

Was that a good buy , by the buyer or overpaid?  I wonder if this book will keep getting hot?

Was it a good buy, honestly no freaking clue. I’m just impressed that it sold for that much! I mean was auction so clearly there was atleast 1 other interested buyer willing to spend around as much. Either way for a 4.0, that’s nucking futs 😳😳😳. I think this book appears to be on a hot streak, and ain’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Edited by LDarkseid1

There’s no way to is will stay at these prices . This is being manipulated big time it’s happening all over the place . I’m staying clear of this book for a while 

A tell tale sign will be steady flow of first and second prints to market for sale 

Edited by Subby1938

31 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

There’s no way to is will stay at these prices . This is being manipulated big time it’s happening all over the place . I’m staying clear of this book for a while 

A tell tale sign will be steady flow of first and second prints to market for sale 

Nah, not being manipulated. Got to present proof for something like that. But FOMO for sure! There’s no doubt heavy amounts of FOMO happening.

No I don’t . To show who? The people defending this garbage or the dealers squeezing the life out this hobby . There will be no new money coming in years to come from young collectors . This has gotten so out of hand and it’s been pyramid scheme since it’s inception. The same dealers selling in early days have been same dealers rebuying  and selling again over and over for more money . There’s your proof . 

In two years tmnt has gone up 150% how or why? 

47 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

No I don’t . To show who? The people defending this garbage or the dealers squeezing the life out this hobby . There will be no new money coming in years to come from young collectors . This has gotten so out of hand and it’s been pyramid scheme since it’s inception. The same dealers selling in early days have been same dealers rebuying  and selling again over and over for more money . There’s your proof . 

In two years tmnt has gone up 150% how or why? 

People buy books, sell them, buy new ones again and resell all the time. If a book gets too expensive then it will sit and never sell. While other comparable calls sell in the process. That’s not some massive scheme though. Collectors who want TMNT 1’s are just as much to blame for its meteoric rise as much as dealers buying them to flip. That’s not a scheme though and there’s nothing wrong with it. I can tell you have some very negative feelings for whatever reason, I don’t share them personally. Anyway, I don’t think you have any more proof of anything than the next person, just a theory. And I don’t think anyone will be priced out of this industry. People younger and older will always have money to spend.

6 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

There’s no way to is will stay at these prices . This is being manipulated big time it’s happening all over the place .

I don’t think that is a sign of manipulation. Higher prices — of any collectible — usually brings more copies to market.